Odd Question: Preferred Denim Jean

This is a discussion on Odd Question: Preferred Denim Jean within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay - I know it's a strange question, but what jeans do you buy that hold up well to CC? The muzzle and/or slide of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd Question: Preferred Denim Jean

Odd Question: Preferred Denim Jean

Okay - I know it's a strange question, but what jeans do you buy that hold up well to CC? The muzzle and/or slide of my EDC continues to wear holes in my jeans. Just curious if there is some secret out there regarding this issue. Thanks for any input!
    "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty"
    -Wendell Phillips

“Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap nor easy conquest.”
    -The Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

2. Remove Ads

If your holster is wearing a hole in your jeans, you either don't have the proper holster, for your gun, or your belt is not holding your holster in a stable position and allowing it to move. Get yourself a good quality gun belt and it will not move at all.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Here are some purpose made....

http://www.totersjeans.com/

I prefer Levi's Loose 569, Carhartts or Wrangler. They seem to be the thickest denim. and allow more room for a CCW.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ABC111 View Post
    If your holster is wearing a hole in your jeans, you either don't have the proper holster, for your gun, or your belt is not holding your holster in a stable position and allowing it to move. Get yourself a good quality gun belt and it will not move at all.
    Well then maybe the new belt I received from you should do the trick! It's only been about two weeks since wearing it every day, and I think I am still breaking it in a bit. As a side note - great belt! What an amazing upgrade. The wear n' tear on my jeans was all prior to purchasing my new A&G belt.

Holster wise, I am using a Crossbreed ST for my Stoeger Cougar (open ended design on the muzzle - no enclosure), so there is direct contact of metal to denim.
    -Wendell Phillips

“Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap nor easy conquest.”

Are your pants tight?

My jeans usually wear out at other places first, but then I carry OWB when I can, which doesn't wear on the jeans as much as IWB.

I choose the looser jeans if I have a choice.

I had a problem with my Blade-Tech holster's bottom edge and my pants so some quick (but CAREFUL!) work with a lighter fixed the issue. Now to get the molten Kydex off my fingers...

You could try Dickie's for heavy strength too, but I don't know how you feel about Duck Canvas.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Quote Originally Posted by TXcougar8000 View Post
    Okay - I know it's a strange question, but what jeans do you buy that hold up well to CC? The muzzle and/or slide of my EDC continues to wear holes in my jeans. Just curious if there is some secret out there regarding this issue. Thanks for any input!
    Diamond gusset jeans. Great wear while carrying and great for the family jewels!
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

VIP Member
    I wear Wranglers regular fit jeans and have never had a problem. If you haven't tried carrying OWB, try it. After carrying IWB for close to 20 years, I carry OWB 100% of the time now, usually in shorts and a T-shirt and nobody pays attention if you're printing a little.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I love my Wranglers actually. Built a bit better than Levis to my thinking, especially in the upper waist, and they always have the belt loops in the right places for me. If I carry appendix, it doesn't matter what jeans I'm wearing. In my honest opinion, you need to find another position for carry with your jeans, or you're wearing your jeans too tight to conform to your body without giving carrying some room. Get a good belt for support and try your options with a larger waist size or different carry location. There are no secrets out there. It's trial and error for all of us. Carry is a way of life, and it changes a lot of things for the individual. For some it's easy, for some there's more work involved. Everyone's different, and all we can do is elude to circumstances or our own experiences that come close to the average while that average has such an extreme spread. Let it be known, you'll find your answers in changing your means and ways. Adapting to the environment is what keeps humans at the top of the list on earth in terms of intelligence........for now.

I like relaxed fit levis, or else dockers (kinda denim?) and I also like carhart cargo pants.

GM
    Levis.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Ok - by this point, I'm sure no one cares, but I am reposting for archival purposes. I did find some jeans that I think solved my problem, plus they are more comfortable than any of my Levis or Wranglers. Can you find them in a store? Most likely. Do I prefer to buy things online regardless of in-store availability? Most assuredly. Anyway, check 'em out if you want to. I'm glad I did.

http://workingperson.com/products/66...ns_B17DST.html

BTW, to those who mentioned altering my CC position, I have, and it does seem to help. Now I just need to adjust to the change. I went from practically "small of the back" to 8:00 (southpaw).

Thanks all!
    -Wendell Phillips

Levis

I cannot believe that persons on this sight would buy any product made by the Levi Strause Company. It is one of the most anti gun anti hunting companys in the U. S.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefrog View Post
    I cannot believe that persons on this sight would buy any product made by the Levi Strause Company. It is one of the most anti gun anti hunting companys in the U. S.
    Im not and expert on Levi's but how is a jean company anti-gun/hunting. Just curious

I wear Levis because they're comfortable. I've never read or heard anything about Levi Strauss being anti anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links