Pro Mag Magazines for the Sig P 238

This is a discussion on Pro Mag Magazines for the Sig P 238 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any experience with the Pro Mag brand magazines for the Sig P238? I am in need of a new mag and Iam not ...

Anyone have any experience with the Pro Mag brand magazines for the Sig P238? I am in need of a new mag and Iam not sure if they are a reliable magazine or not. Thanks for all the feedback.
    Glock 20, Glock 27, Ruger SR9c, Sig P-238, Ruger SP 101 357 Mag.2 1/4", Ruger Vaquero 45LC 5 1/2", Ruger MKII Target.

JD
    Administrator
    I've never had a Promag anything work reliably. I would not purchase any more of their products.

CDNN has Sig mags for a P-238 for only $9 more than Promags.

Senior Moderator
    ProMags are hit or miss.
    Some of them work wonderfully. Others suck.

You wont know until you put a lot of rounds through them.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Generally speaking, Pro-mags are not a good way to spend your money. In fact, given all the complaints I read about and hear about them, I'm sort of amazed they've been around as long as they have.

I wouldn't spend the money on them. It's not actually saving anything if the magazine you buy is defective. Believe me, I wish they worked as advertised. Their 20 round mags for my Beretta Cx4 are pretty cheap, while the ones from Beretta are $50. Still if I can't use them, the money I would've spent on those would be better used towards factory mags.

I'd rather have 2 working mags for $100, than 5 non-working for the same price, you know?
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    ProMags are hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    Generally speaking, Pro-mags are not a good way to spend your money. In fact, given all the complaints I read about and hear about them, I'm sort of amazed they've been around as long as they have.

I wouldn't spend the money on them. It's not actually saving anything if the magazine you buy is defective. Believe me, I wish they worked as advertised. Their 20 round mags for my Beretta Cx4 are pretty cheap, while the ones from Beretta are $50. Still if I can't use them, the money I would've spent on those would be better used towards factory mags.

I'd rather have 2 working mags for $100, than 5 non-working for the same price, you know?
    The ProMags that I have for my P-3at feed great over 200 round in each mag.
    I had two of the 33 round mags for Glock and they would only feed three rounds and then jam up.
    I tried both 33 round mags in all three pistols (17,19,and 26) and in my Kel-Tec SUB 2000 and they were jam-o-matics. I had to use a screwdriver to pry lose some rounds to even get them out. They were exchanged for Glock 33 rounders.

Just check with the return policy if you decide to get the ProMags.
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2 barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post

Well said and very true..........OP spend your hard earn money on OEM mags
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Thanks to all. I have done some more looking too. I will stick with the Sig mags. Cannot have a mag that is not reliable. Appreciate it.
    Glock 20, Glock 27, Ruger SR9c, Sig P-238, Ruger SP 101 357 Mag.2 1/4", Ruger Vaquero 45LC 5 1/2", Ruger MKII Target.

The P238 is modeled on the out-of-production Colt Mustang. The Mustang magazines are available on many firearms website. I got mine at Cheaper Than Dirt and it fits/works just fine.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/36402-36.html
    Six Stringers and Six Shooters

The best seller for Sig parts is "Top Gun Supply". I bought two additional mags for my 238 and they were identical to the stock (rounded follower)
    All work flawlessly, and I can't tell them apart any more. They were $34. (now $31)

I have heard some folks say Colt Mustang mags work, and some don't. The 238 is not an exact copy.

I just looked online, and the new mags don't look like mine. The newest have the dimple, mine don't.mmmm.JPG

Maybe it's just me, but the follower looks steeper than mine. I do think this is the current 238 factory mag.

Oh, and Top Gun Supply is a first class organization. Fear not.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    ProMags are hit or miss.

That has generally been my experience too! Stick with the factory magazines and save yourself a lot of headaches. JMHO.
    God bless our troops!

Links