Eotac-Elite Operator Pants

Eotac-Elite Operator Pants

This is a discussion on Eotac-Elite Operator Pants within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently received 3 pairs of Eotac-Elite Operator Tactical pants from one of our forum sponsors RogueElite.net. As a matter of full disclosure I won ...

Thread: Eotac-Elite Operator Pants

Senior Moderator

Thumbs up Eotac-Elite Operator Pants

I recently received 3 pairs of Eotac-Elite Operator Tactical pants from one of our forum sponsors RogueElite.net.

As a matter of full disclosure I won these pants (really a gift certificate) on www.therally.point.org now I would normally not write a review nor accept a free gift from one of our sponsors but this being a special case (at least in my mind) I will make an exception since I believe there is no connection between my moderator status on DC and my winning the prize on The Rally Point. So I will treat this as a regular purchase (which I have since made from RogueElite.net) in writing a review.

Normally I try to shy away from “Tactile” clothing to maintain my normal goofy looking appearance, but since I was in need of some dress pants I decided to try the Eotac line of pants.

I was quite impressed by the quality of workmanship and the positioning and roominess of the pockets. While I am armed at work I must maintain concealment and I struggle to find casual dress pants that allow for IWB, Tuckable or SmartCarry holsters. The elastic waistband of these pants allow for comfortable conceal carry without making me look like I am wearing ‘Mom jeans”.

I can easily carry my cell phone, radio, extra magazines, wallet, keys, knife, handkerchief, etc… and I still contemplate what else I can carry in these pants. There are pockets in the knees to place kneepads, which I might use in the fall when I attend a carbine class. They have Teflon stain-protecting coating, which my sons have tested by getting, juice, cookie and snot rubbed into the pants.

The main compliants I have about these pants are that the pockets all have hook and loop (Velcro) closures instead of buttons or snaps, while this is a small thing, I have found that hook and loop can fail to work over time as dirt and lint build up in the hooks and that they are made in China. Also the inseam measurements seem a little long so adjust accordingly if you order

I am including pictures of the pants, but don’t worry, it’s not the pants that make me look goofy, its my genes.

IMG_9028 by pgrass101, on Flickr

IMG_9031 by pgrass101, on Flickr
    IWB with Dennis the attack cat looking on.

IMG_9039 by pgrass101, on Flickr

IMG_9040 by pgrass101, on Flickr

IMG_9033 by pgrass101, on Flickr
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Lots of pockets. I like.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Administrator
    Nice win pgrass you lucky dog. Congrats.
    RogueElite ~ Their shorts are great for Summer also. I need to buy more since (unlike you) I never win anything.

I was the $250 winner. I got another pair of EOTac Discreet pants( I wore them to a wedding yesterday) another pair of the Shorts, another vest for summer shooting activities, two short sleeved shirts, a boonie hat and a pair of Blackhawk knee pads. I already had some EOTac stuff and it was comfortable and well made. I haven't had the chance to wear any new things yet but the first impressions are good.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

Links