US Palm Defender Chest Armor?

This is a discussion on US Palm Defender Chest Armor? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone know anything about this? The vest seems kind of small for max protection... Let me know if you know of a better rig for ...

Thread: US Palm Defender Chest Armor?

US Palm Defender Chest Armor?

Anyone know anything about this? The vest seems kind of small for max protection...
    Let me know if you know of a better rig for at home protection. US Palm is charging $200 for theirs...

Defender_B.png

2. Remove Ads

You can probably get a true set of used body armor from www.bulletproofme.com for about that.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I agree with 10thmtn...but this looks like a great "boogie man cometh" set. I was looking at them myself. My friend told me I was nuts for even wanting it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

It looks about the size of a normal SAAPI plate carrier, which is just big enough for the plate basically. The idea is that it protects your vitals, while not restricting movement as much as full on body armor does.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

It'll only protect your vitals from the front, of course. For home defense, movement or heat buildup is not an issue, since you won't be wearing it long. For the money, I think a used set of regular body armor is a better bet - more protection from all angles.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Ilike the Chest defender becaus ei t is simple and lightweight and easily mounts a handgun and mags or rifle mags for your carbine. Most regualr joes dont need a full protection armor. This goes on/off easy and would be good for most IMO. This Chest Defender would also be a great thing to slide in or attach to a BOB. I work in an LE type job and do worry about occasionally being found by people I have angered. I would prob consider a full body armor for me. I can see the argumetn for and against.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    You can probably get a true set of used body armor from www.bulletproofme.com for about that.
    I've been there before. I spoke to them and you an buy stand alone soft armor for about 80 bucks, 8x10 size I think. I'll probably get a vest from cheaper than dirt and put the inserts in. I'll have more coverage for less cost or about the same. I can add some mag holders/light holders as well.
    I just wonder if this is easy to put on...

MOLLE-265.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by damien12g View Post
    I've been there before. I spoke to them and you an buy stand alone soft armor for about 80 bucks, 8x10 size I think. I'll probably get a vest from cheaper than dirt and put the inserts in. I'll have more coverage for less cost or about the same. I can add some mag holders/light holders as well.
    I just wonder if this is easy to put on...

MOLLE-265.jpg
    I'm really only going to address the part I bolded. Bear in mind, I don't think I have ever used that exact rig, but it looks very similar to the one I wore for 7 months in Afghanistan. I am also on my 4th type of body armor since joining the military (all issued). With a plate carrier like that you need to learn the technique that works for you to put it on. My preferred method was to leave the shoulder straps clipped, as well as the left side plate holder velcro'd. Basically to put it on I would lift it over my head, drop it down while avoiding my head with the shoulder straps, and then velcro up the right side. Even though my plate carrier was like 60 pounds with all the ammo and gear on it (not to mention all 4 SAAPI plates), I could put it on in under 3 seconds, easily.

To take it off, I would undo the right side velcro (that way the left side was always in the correct position), and undo the right side shoulder strap, then shrug the carrier off to the left side (but not letting it crash down and crack the plates/dent magazines). Then just clip the right side shoulder strap back up and it was ready to put on.

I saw them get put on a lot of other ways, including undoing one shoulder strap and side and putting it on, undoing velcro on both sides and then putting it on, and some other crazier ways. But the way I described was certainly one of the fastest and easiest to do no matter the situation, even in complete darkness.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    I'm really only going to address the part I bolded. Bear in mind, I don't think I have ever used that exact rig, but it looks very similar to the one I wore for 7 months in Afghanistan. I am also on my 4th type of body armor since joining the military (all issued). With a plate carrier like that you need to learn the technique that works for you to put it on. My preferred method was to leave the shoulder straps clipped, as well as the left side plate holder velcro'd. Basically to put it on I would lift it over my head, drop it down while avoiding my head with the shoulder straps, and then velcro up the right side. Even though my plate carrier was like 60 pounds with all the ammo and gear on it (not to mention all 4 SAAPI plates), I could put it on in under 3 seconds, easily.

To take it off, I would undo the right side velcro (that way the left side was always in the correct position), and undo the right side shoulder strap, then shrug the carrier off to the left side (but not letting it crash down and crack the plates/dent magazines). Then just clip the right side shoulder strap back up and it was ready to put on.

I saw them get put on a lot of other ways, including undoing one shoulder strap and side and putting it on, undoing velcro on both sides and then putting it on, and some other crazier ways. But the way I described was certainly one of the fastest and easiest to do no matter the situation, even in complete darkness.

When i was issued armor at one of my former agencies...this was the most reliable for me as well.

Links