Quark AA2 Tactical R5?

Quark AA2 Tactical R5?

This is a discussion on Quark AA2 Tactical R5? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking of upgrading from a AA mini-maglite to the quark AA tactical. was wondering if it is the best light per dollar? thoughts? what experiences ...

Thread: Quark AA2 Tactical R5?

Quark AA2 Tactical R5?

Thinking of upgrading from a AA mini-maglite to the quark AA tactical. was wondering if it is the best light per dollar? thoughts? what experiences have you had with this light?
    thanks!

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info....oducts_id=1656

While I don't have that particular Quark, I do have a couple of Quarks. I have the 123 and a mini for pocket carry. Great lights. I have given up on alkaline batteries though for a light I might actually need to use. Though they are cheaper than CR123s I got tired of going to use a light that had been setting for a little while only to find it was dead or so dim that I had to scramble in my battery stash to power it up. Yes, CR lithiums cost a little more but can last years if waiting to be used.

I have a couple of Quarks myself but not the model you mention. They are great lights! You won't go wrong with 4-Sevens..
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

4Sevens makes really high performance lights for the price. It's definitely is going to be substantially better than the Maglites when it comes to output. The build quality is definitely not as good as a Surefire.

I own a Preon, Preon II and a regular Quark 123 R5. IMO, the AA version of the Quark R5 is not as good as the 2AA or the 123 when it comes to output. 123 batteries are also fairly cheap. I also chose the regular Quark over the Tactical because I wanted access to more than two modes. The Tactical is great if you only want two modes, otherwise, you'll have to re-program it to access any other mode. The regular Quark gives you quick access to multiple modes. Tightened bezel has Max and Strobe and loosened bezel has Low, Medium, High, etc. If you like the Tactical tailcap, you can buy that to replace the standard tailcap. That's what I did.

mini mag light? reg incadecant bulb? to a quark? the diffrence is huge,

the quark takes some programing as mentioned, this might turn u off, but once u set it, u can forget it ( sounds like an info commerical) . after setting it, u can change the batts and the models u set will remain the same. if u need help setting it , the team at 4sevens would be glad to help u if u call them.

i have the quark 2AA tactical warm tint
    quark reg 1AA cool tint,
    preon kit, which has preon1 and 2

all outstanding lights for their money,

10 year hassle free guarentee

thanks for the replies! yah i upgraded my mini mag's to led a long time ago. right now it is at 50 lumen. but i found a 140lumen led for it the other day so im going to try it. figure i can get a super bright light for half the cost. i chose the AA version over the 123 because then i have all my batteries standard. now to save up for a quark......

awsome.

cr123 are great...but are costly..thats why i switched to AA my self. u should get some eneloops and throw them in the quark, their great!

oh yea, if u want something thicker, no pocket clip and uses cr123,

surefire seems to have a really neat light coming out.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/sug2xtaflnew.html

that is made out of plastic, still strong stuff, and its got 200 lumens for 2.5 hrs and only 55 dollars...i believe its a completly new design to surefire so i'd wait a min for reviews to come out at www.candlepowerfourms.com. but its a surefire..im sure it'll be good.

I have the Quark AA*2 Tactical R5 and it's a great little light. As a matter of fact, I bet I have given away about a dozen of them as presents. They make terrific gifts, even for 'regular' folks who may not be into flashlights. The Quark 123*2 is my EDC light.

I'm almost getting to the point where I have more flashlights than guns, lol. Here's my smaller lights:

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

I don't think you'll be disappointed in the least. From what I've heard, they are great lights as already been stated. I have the Fenix LD20 which seems to be very similar in design and function and I love it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

4Sevens make great light. I've had my eye on the 4Sevens Maelstrom G5....
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Can't say much about the Quark, but I do have two Nitecore D10's. I paid for one and got the other free. I also purchased these for $11 shipped. Even though they are from Hong Kong and delivery took a while, I'm very impressed with the overall quality. They are just as bright as the D10's that I have.

Just thought I would pass it along.
    "Common sense is not so common.” Voltaire

wow chevy! im envious of the line-up! looking at what u have i may just switch over to 123's as my main light based on size to power. tho not sure yet i like being able to swap batteries from anything i own.

Quote Originally Posted by toruguen42 View Post
    wow chevy! im envious of the line-up! looking at what u have i may just switch over to 123's as my main light based on size to power. tho not sure yet i like being able to swap batteries from anything i own.
    Heheh, flashlights are addictive. The quality and power levels of some small lights are just crazy. My modded Surefire P6 (Nailbender SST-90 drop-in, McClicky+Brass switch and bored for18650) puts out over 1,000 lumens (short bursts only) with a massive floody hotspot.

If you wish to use CR123 lights, then you should buy in bulk. I bought a case of 100 and it was just over $1 per battery. Or, if you're a LEO or military, you often get them for free. I was in the local Walgreen's last week and I saw them selling one (yes, one) CR123 Panasonic battery for $9.95!!!!

Best place for flashaholics is at the Candle Power Forum.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Sponsored Links