LE Boots

This is a discussion on LE Boots within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I broke my ankle at work back in May helping a neighboring dept catch a suspect. I should probably be going back within a month ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LE Boots

LE Boots

I broke my ankle at work back in May helping a neighboring dept catch a suspect. I should probably be going back within a month or so, but I want to get some new boots first.

I would like to get something very lightweight (already have winter boots), slip resistant is a must. I would also like to get them high enough to support my ankle well. I don't want the zip up style anymore, I don't mind tying my shoes everyday. I'd like to stay under $120.

What do you guys use in the field that fits my criteria?

Thanks.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

Redwings, will support yor ankel & light weigt, Forgot the price should be close ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

5.11 Atac Storm. They're just about $100-$110. They're light, comfortable, and supportive. The soles have quite a bit of stick to em too. There is a zipper on the side, but that is only to make the on/off a little easier. It's still a lace up boot. Good luck with your ankle...thats a rough injury

Lead Moderator
    I found the ATAC to be a decent boot, not quite a comfortable as my old Original SWAT brand boots (discontinued) but good for traction and fairly light weight.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Believe it or not you can get a Herman Survivor boot at Wal Mart for around 50 bucks that meets all of your criteria I've walked up to 9 miles a day in mine and they work out fine

Just a shade above your budget, but Danner Telson. If you buy Danners you will never regret spending the money. My favorite overall boot is the Danner Recon. Which is also a little more, but worth every penny. Spend the money. You will understand after you wear them.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Just a shade above your budget, but Danner Telson. If you buy Danners you will never regret spending the money. My favorite overall boot is the Danner Recon. Which is also a little more, but worth every penny. Spend the money. You will understand after you wear them.
    I'm not an LEO, but I just wanted to throw out there that Danner makes some amazing boots, the most durable boots I have had in my job have all been Danners, and they tend to be more comfortable than the other brands too. I had an amazing pair for winter boots in Afghanistan, I was really impressed with how well they held up to the abuse they took. They were a shade heavier than other boots though.

FWIW, if Converse or Oakley boots are on your list, they are really comfortable and lightweight, but really don't have the durability aspect down yet.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I have Danners for my winter boots. They are very warm. But I can only wear them in December and January or my feet sweat too much even w/ wick away socks. Is the Telson model a lightweight breathable boot? I don't want my feet cooking like w/ my Danner boots (don't remember exact model, they are sitting on top of my locker at work). I bought them for $140 at Cabela's.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Yeah Telson is in the GTX line...very light and almost sneaker like. Might even try looking at the Patrol or Blackhawk model. They are 6" models where the others are 8".
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I wear the desert version of these (Bellville 390s) with my ACUs. I've put allot of time, and miles, in and out of Afghanistan, Iraq, and the field and garrison back here in them; heavy duty rucking, jogging, etc. They last forever. They don't have that "tennis shoe" feel that some of the more comercial style boots do, but they will last longer and be comfortable allot longer, imo; the support won't break down as quickly.

http://www.bellevilleshoe.com/product.php
    Edit: For some reason, the link goes to their site, not the specific product. Just look up the 390s. They come in black, among other colors.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

VIP Member
    The best and most comfortable boots and high top shoes I own are Timberland. The Gore-Tex is worth the money. I buy on-line now that I know what I want but they have stores in larger malls too. Very high quality. 20% off sale right now.

Timberland.com [Timberland@em.timberland.com]

http://www.timberland.com/product/in...entPage=family
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Administrator
    I second this. Very nice boots, and you can find them on sale once in a while if you look hard enough.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Get some Smartwool socks, and wear your Danners all year 'round, unless they actually have Thinsulate. Well, actually, one time I did wear my Thinsulated Danner Special Forces boots for a hot weather event, on my feet outdoors for most of a day, when my other Danners had been contaminated with something, and I didn't have time to clean them. By hot, I mean Texas hot. I wouldn't want to do it every day, but it was actually quite tolerable, even with the sun shining on the black boots.

Before I got prescription insoles, I depended on the support of Danners, wearing brown Danners off the clock, out of uniform.

Edited to add: Smartwool may seem expensive, but they are durable, if you keep your toenails trimmed and filed. I bought five pairs of Smartwool Light Hiking socks, one for each day of the work week, and they lasted me over five years, before any holes appeared in the toe or heel areas. Of course, thinner socks will wear out quicker, regardless of brand.

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    I broke my ankle at work back in May helping a neighboring dept catch a suspect. I should probably be going back within a month or so, but I want to get some new boots first.

I would like to get something very lightweight (already have winter boots), slip resistant is a must. I would also like to get them high enough to support my ankle well. I don't want the zip up style anymore, I don't mind tying my shoes everyday. I'd like to stay under $120.

What do you guys use in the field that fits my criteria?

Thanks.
    My favorite boot before I retired from LE was the uninsulatedDanner 21210 Acadia , I have 2 pair that I still wear.

I also have a brand new pair of size 10.5D that have never been worn. I'll give a fellow LEO a very good deal, if interested PM me.

Are you going to tape it for a while for added support?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links