UTG Tactical Messenger Bag

This is a discussion on UTG Tactical Messenger Bag within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a UTG Tactical Messenger Bag a couple of weeks ago from opticsplanet.com. This bag is a dead ringer for the Maxpedition Versipack. ...

Thread: UTG Tactical Messenger Bag

UTG Tactical Messenger Bag

I picked up a UTG Tactical Messenger Bag a couple of weeks ago from opticsplanet.com. This bag is a dead ringer for the Maxpedition Versipack. It was only $27.95! I added a Maxpedition modular universal holster to the order for $9.99. This total gave me free shipping. I love free shipping!

Here's a link to the bag.http://www.opticsplanet.net/leapers-...enger-bag.html

I had 2 uses in mind for this bag and I have to say it's working out great.

1st use: I'm a truck driver and have to carry lots of stuff in and out of the truck each day. So this bag gets my wallet, keys, flashlight, multi tool, first aid kit, survival blanket, emergency whistle, poncho, cell phone, pad and pens, GPS, daily medications, and a pocket knife Also my port id and loading cards for all the places I go to load. Now I carry nothing in my pockets except my truck key while driving. This is a lot more comfortable than having all my pockets loaded up. Also makes it easy at the end of the day to just grab the bag, lock the truck and be done for the day.

2nd use: I recently suffered a groin injury so I cant wear any restrictive clothing or even a belt. So I can't carry my G26 like I normally would! What's a guy to do? Well this bag has stepped up to the plate for me on a daily basis. I simply put in a universal holster and dropped the Glock into the pocket designed for a gun! I know it may not be preferred to carry off body but it sure beats going around without a gun.

I've also used it for a range bag. I took my G26, glasses,ear protection, 3 boxes of ammo and a few tools to the range and it all fit quite nicely. It won't be big enough for a big day at the range but for a 1 or 2 gun trip it's good.

Now you might want to know how many "man purse" remarks I got. In 2 weeks I got 2. I guy I work with gave a sarcastic "nice man purse " remark. And I got a positive remark today from a woman. She said it looked great and was surprised more men weren't carrying one like it. Mine was the first she had seen.
    Question Everything!

2. Remove Ads

I've had the bag for almost a month now. I like it even more now that I've gotten used to it. There are no visible wear signs to the fabric or buckles. I did catch the plastic bag I keep my first aid kit in, in a zipper. I ended up tearing the bag out and fighting with the zipper until I could get the bit of plastic out. I ran the zipper past that area and haven't had any problems since.

I also have carried this while riding my motorcycle. I simply slide it around behind me and it sits on the passenger seat. It doesn't move at all.

All in all I am extremely happy with this product.
    Question Everything!

I kinda carry a maxpedition gear slinger and have found it most useful. I say "kind of" because I don't carry it constantly. It goes back and fourth to work. I take it when I go someplace but I don't carry it around unless I'm outdoors or going far from my car. It generally stays in the car for grocery store trips and such. The most used item is by FAR my well stocked first aid kit. I think the idea of the "man bag" is starting to get a bit more common. Glad your happy with yours!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Links