Lumaforce Flashlights?

This is a discussion on Lumaforce Flashlights? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anybody have any experience w/these guys? I saw an add in Shotgun News for them and was intrigued by the prices, but am also ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lumaforce Flashlights?

Lumaforce Flashlights?

Does anybody have any experience w/these guys? I saw an add in Shotgun News for them and was intrigued by the prices, but am also weary since they're so cheap in comparison to other stuff out there. I was looking at the LF1 Tactical Model: 300 Lumens w/strobe mode for $49.95. Considerably lower than the $139 I was initially planning on for Surefire Z2S model which is only 160 lumens. Any input you guys might have would be appreciated!

2. Remove Ads

hello,

im not familiar with lumaforce, looks like knock offs of the surefire p series design. solarforce is another company that is a good budget light.

companies like solarforce, and most likely luma force, measure their lumens diffrently from the way surefire, or 4seven does it.

surefire measures the lumens after the light hits the reflector and lens. soloar force etc, meansures it at the actual led...so...u gotta subtract 25-30% of what lumaforce is claiming. 300-90ish is around 210...210 lumens of light possibly...if it works consistantly.

btw, a light has to be 4 times brighter measured, to be viewed as twice as bright by our eyes.

example, a 25 lumen flashlight vs a 100 lumen flashlight, though the 100 lumen flashlight is indeed 4 times brighter, to our human eyes it will only appear twice as bright....

surefire's got some new lights coming out in oct, if u can wait, i would wait for those. 200 lumens, for 2.5 hrs, cheapest one starts at 55 dollars..heres the links:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/sug2xtaflnew.html
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/sug2xproflne.html
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/su6pxtaflnew.html
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/surefire...lashlight.html

if they are cheap, most likely Chinese made. You get what you pay for. Surefire- More expensive but unbelievable quality and made in the USA if that matters to you

Sorry if I sound like a broken record as I have posted the same thing in other threads. But look in a Coleman 90 lumens.$18.88 at Walmart. I doubted it at first because it was so inexpensive. Best light I've owned when factoring in design, weight, light output and price.

Thanks!

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I can't help you with "Lumaforce". But, Lumapro's are great lights.

Go here: http://www.batteryjunction.com/incendio.html

I bought one almost a yr ago. I use it every almost night; and have never had to replace the batteries.

I also like the Coleman. My wife has one and you really can't beat the price. I just like the Lumapro because it's so small and easy to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by dbramhall View Post
    Does anybody have any experience w/these guys? I saw an add in Shotgun News for them and was intrigued by the prices, but am also weary since they're so cheap in comparison to other stuff out there. I was looking at the LF1 Tactical Model: 300 Lumens w/strobe mode for $49.95. Considerably lower than the $139 I was initially planning on for Surefire Z2S model which is only 160 lumens. Any input you guys might have would be appreciated!
    Are you looking for a light to mount on your shotgun, or just a carry light?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Just a carry light. I splurged for a Surefire Z2-S

I have two LumaForce LF1 tactical, one is EDC and the other is attached to my Home Defense shotgun. They work well so far.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Luma Force

I am not affiliated with these guys in any way. I just got one of these (XP GR5) and you will not find a better light. I recently bought the 511 and this one from luma force is better. Definelty not your cheap chinesse knock off and better than sure fire

I'm tempted to purchase one of the 450 lumen lights. That must be awesome.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    I'm tempted to purchase one of the 450 lumen lights. That must be awesome.
    Can you say SUN TAN?

Thumbs up Lumaforce LF-1

I've got 2 of the Lumaforce LF-1 flashlights and couldn't be happier! One to carry around and one mounted on 12ga. Mossberg. Try these out, you'll be surprised at the quality at this price.

Got one of these and absolutely love it.

IncenDio V3U Limited Edition (XM-L T6 NW) 190 Lumens (using 1xCR123) /
    525 Lumens (using 1xR123/16340)

(WARNING: Do NOT run light on 500+ lumen mode for more than 1-2 minutes at a time - LED and/or battery damage can occur)

4-Mode - 5%, 15%, 40%, 100%
    90+ minutes runtime on high, 1,500 minutes on low.
    Batteries: 1xCR123 or 1xR123/16340 Li-Ion (2.0-4.2V MAX) or 18650 w/ optional battery tube
    Activation: Half press to cycle between levels (Low, Medium, Normal, High), last level used is memorized.
    To keep/lock a level as default - select desired level, 4 half-press within 1 second locks level (to unlock - 4 half-press within 1 second)
    Reflector: OP Reflector
    Length: 77mm
    Bezel Diameter: 21.5mm
    Body Diameter: 21.5mm
    Weight: 36g (w/o battery)
    Material: T6063 Aircraft Aluminum
    Coating: Type III HA Dark Grey
    Included Accessories: Spare 0-rings, switch cap, pocket clips, lanyard ring, holster.
    FREE Diffuser Cap to convert Incendio into a lantern light.

More Info. on the V3U (NOTE: LumaPower Site info does not exist for the V3U XM-L as the XM-L Model is custom made for us by LumaPower)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links