Cop uses taser on attacking rottweiler.........

This is a discussion on Cop uses taser on attacking rottweiler......... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://blutube.policeone.com/Media/6...er-with-TASER/...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cop uses taser on attacking rottweiler.........

Thumbs up Cop uses taser on attacking rottweiler.........

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    That officer did a pretty respectable job of initially keeping some hefty canine teeth out of his leg when he got charged.

There seems to be a question whether animal control is going to do anything to the dog or the dogs owner. The officer wants to see the dog taken off the street but if the dog has no other REPORTED history of attack then it may go free. After all, it didn't bite the officer so it may remain with a clean record.

Too bad he didn't do the community a favor and shoot the dog dead so it will never harm anyone.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

It sure didn't want any part of the officer after it got tased

I'm amazed they where allowed to keep the dog. Good job on the officer defending himself. The dog needs to be put down because it is clear it is going to hurt someone sooner or later.

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Next time it could be a child that can't defend it's self from an attack. This dog needs to be put down before it seriously hurts or kills someone.

Rotti's are some of the most loyal, protective, obedient dogs I've ever had the pleasure of owning and training. It really is a shame when a dog...any dog...is owned by complete, useless morons. By that I am specifically referring to dogs that are owned by hood rats that USE them as weapons or feel they gain respect by having the most aggressive dog on "da block"....thus going about whatever cruel method it takes to make the dog overly aggressive.

And no...I'm not generalizing or stereotyping. I am talking pure facts based off of my life experiences. I didn't grow up in suburbia.

It's a shame. Good dogs deserve good owners. Rotten people don't deserve dogs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    Rotti's are some of the most loyal, protective, obedient dogs I've ever had the pleasure of owning and training. It really is a shame when a dog...any dog...is owned by complete, useless morons. By that I am specifically referring to dogs that are owned by hood rats that USE them as weapons or feel they gain respect by having the most aggressive dog on "da block"....thus going about whatever cruel method it takes to make the dog overly aggressive.

And no...I'm not generalizing or stereotyping. I am talking pure facts based off of my life experiences. I didn't grow up in suburbia.

It's a shame. Good dogs deserve good owners. Rotten people don't deserve dogs at all.
    I am a cyclist and I can tell you first hand you sir are in the minority. "Rotti's" and pit bulls are owned mostly by owners who do not train their dogs. I carry pepper spray and have no second thoughts of spraying down an unchained dog. BTW, I am a dog lover and own two labs myself. I am sure you have well discipline dogs and that is great. But when they are a danger to the public on public property there is no other option than to protect yourself. The OP posted video showed how that dog got off lucky and was fortunate it was not shot. I have witnessed pit bulls chained with logger chains pulling their dog house chasing someone.
    Mitch Rapp is my hero (reference to the Vince Flynn novels)

RIP Vince! Going to miss your novels! :(

Mattdillon,

I agree 100%. Trained dogs are wonderful. Unchained, aggressive, attacking dogs need to be dealt with as needed.

Senior Moderator
    I wouldn't have used a Taser.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    The VID is a perfect example of a terrible pet owner that ruined what normally would have been a basically good, decent dog/pet.
    For the most part there are no bad dogs. Only bad dog owners.
    There are some exceptions to the rule AKA dogs that are bred too closely can have an inbred "mean streak" and display antisocial behavior but, that is not their fault.
    That is the breeders fault.

Dogs that receive proper training too late in their lives can also be sometimes be problematic.

It is also possible for all dogs to forget themselves AKA have a "mild brain fart" and momentarily and revert back to their root behavior.

Remember that all canines are morphed from wolves and all were originally pack hunting wolf carnivores long before they were mans best friend.

The officer was more than fair in his own defense. This is a case of a dog that needed 'shootin'...IMHO
    Beware of the next incident where a child is involved.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would rather see this particular dog humanely put down....and the owners shot.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The officer was more than fair in his own defense. This is a case of a dog that needed 'shootin'...IMHO
    Beware of the next incident where a child is involved.
    I totally agree with retsupt99 someones child will be next.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I wouldn't have used a Taser.
    Looks to me like the officer wasn't about to either, except for the timely intervention of the other officer with a Taser. It's too bad that dog didn't get put down, however. Not to mention the owners having no responsibility for their animal... in fact, you clearly saw the officer telling them to keep the dogs restrained.

Now that I think about it, did anyone notice the officer's draw? Was it just me, or did it seem "sticky?" That is, did it seem like he had to tug a few times, as if he was stuck or not drawing correctly? That would worry me as well. However, at the same time, the delay in the draw was lucky for the dog, as it allowed the other LEO to hit him with a Taser.

That kick was excellent and well placed, though, IMO. The officer reacted without thinking, which saved him some pretty bloody wounds and bought him a bit of time to draw his sidearm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links