Defensive Carry banner

Cover shirt for tall, skinny people?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  cj 
#1 ·
I've typically pocket-carried, but am working on expanding my wardrobe to better support IWB carry. To that end, I've been searching for good CCW shirts, but am running into a problem.

I'm tall, and thin...and in my small town, they assume if you're tall, you're also very big, so the only 'tall' shirts available start at XXL. Regular length shirts just ride too high to conceal for me.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for this? I've been looking at some of the shirts designed for CCW (like the 5.11 Covert line), but I can't tell if they're cut a little longer to support the role.

#2 ·
How about moving your waistband up? Regular Levi 505's and 501's are high in the waist and not too mom-jean looking. They also have a strong side belt loop at 3:30, which is nice to use as a stabilizer for a summer comfort kind of IWB.

I just got some new Levis and am really struck by how much higher they are than the other things I have been wearing.

#5 ·
Pretty simple fix by going to WalMart and buying the big and tall T's...cheap, too!

#6 ·
Well I might be able to help you out here. I am 6"6 and about 200 pounds I think slightly more. I can conceal a HK USP .45 under just a T shirt and Button down dress shirt combination. Actually I can hide that and a Beretta 9000s with spare mag, ASP pepper spray, Keys and a Fixed blade should I choose to go all out. And the awesome part is I actually look normal and my clothes really aren't over sized. Just make sure that the shirt is long enough to go past your belt. Oh yes and I carry IWB for everything but the Mag. Just find the proper equipment that works for you and get a good holster that will help hide it. And then try some button down shirts. Good luck.

#7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions all. At 6'3" and 160 pounds and a long torso, I just don't have local options for 'tall' except in XL or bigger (even at my small Wal-Mart). I had been thinking button-ups, but some of the other ideas here are great for expanding my wardrobe too! Thank you all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.