Need a powerful, small light - Page 2

Need a powerful, small light

This is a discussion on Need a powerful, small light within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love these, and keep buying more, and putting them in my cars, in the kitchen, workshop, etc. and of course by my bed: http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.19185 ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I love these, and keep buying more, and putting them in my cars, in the kitchen, workshop, etc. and of course by my bed:

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.19185

o They're pocket sized.
    o They take one CR123 battery (which you can get cheaply in bulk if you shop the internet skillfully).
    o The CR123 batteries last a long time in use, and have a much longer shelf life than alkaline batteries, so they're good for flashlights that are rarely used (e.g. in my cars).
    o They often come with an unadvertised extension tube that makes a single AA battery fit.
    o They're really bright: At night they easily illuminate adequately out to 70 feet.
    o They have a SIDE switch for on/off (which I much prefer to tail switches).
    o They only have two modes: on & off. So there's no fumbling through multiple brightness or flashing settings.
    o They have a very narrow, bright beam which you can easily make into a wide, diffuse spread which works better at indoor distances by covering the lens with some frosted cellophane tape.
    o They're only $11 each, so buy several and spread them around.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Fenix PD20! I carry mine in my pocket 24/7 and it's plenty bright.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Do you have one of the quark MiNis? And you have had good luck with that website you posted for ordering things? Or was that just to show models.
    cammo girl, 4Sevens is the manufacturer of the Quark line of flashlights, so you should have no worries about ordering directly from them. I've ordered 3 flashlights from them and they arrived within a few days with the free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    cammo girl, 4Sevens is the manufacturer of the Quark line of flashlights, so you should have no worries about ordering directly from them. I've ordered 3 flashlights from them and they arrived within a few days with the free shipping.
    Ditto on the fast free shipping. I usually get an email to let me know the item has shipped the same day I order. Great lights, great site.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Ditto on the fast free shipping. I usually get an email to let me know the item has shipped the same day I order. Great lights, great site.
    I just ordered some new lights this morning at 9am and by 10:30am I had an email saying they already shipped.

I don't know what they cost, since mine came included with my pistol, but I have this Smith & Wesson flashlight which is ridiculously bright.... I'm assuming its made by someone else for S&W but the little LED is more powerful than my 4-D Mag Lite....

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Nice photo SS Chevy.

Do you have one of the quark MiNis? And you have had good luck with that website you posted for ordering things? Or was that just to show models.

Thanks.
    I have a Quark Mini AA*2. Nice light, but not my favorite.

4Sevens is a fabulous company. I would estimate that I have bought 20+ flashlights from them in the past 6 months. I have given away about 15 of the Quark AA*2 Tactical lights this year - they make wonderful gifts.

FYI for everyone. 4Sevens has free shipping, plus if you are a member at CandlePowerForum, then you will qualify for a discount by using the code "CPF8" when ordering.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

I have a thread going in regards to a sale for Surefire lights. I just got my 6P Defender LED and it is glorious. I also have one of those Wal-Mart bought Dorcy LED lights and this Surefire BLOWS IT THE HELL AWAY.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...urefire-Lights!

Here's one to consider...Made in the USA, 235 honest lumens in a small robust package.
    http://www.elzetta.com/zfl-m60FAQ.htm

Coleman Max 110 lumens. 25 bucks Awesome little light. Here is a link to my review.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...!!!&highlight=
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

I have tried a whole series of inexpensive, Walmart, Target,Shucks, Auto Zone even Cabalas mini lights. They are all filling a drawer or taking up landfill space. None functioned reliably for any period of time for me.
    I have had my Novatac for a couple of years, ands have been very happy with it. Amazing the number of times you use a flashlight when you have one handy. Last year I got a deal on three Fenix PD20s. Figured a spare in the car, motorcycle and EDC. Use the Novatac for as a rail mounted light since all its function are controlled with the tail cap.
    The Fenix battery lasts two or three months with normal usage. The Fenix claims six functions in reality it has four functions 180 lumens with a fast strobe and 9 lumens with a slow strobe. To go from high to low you need to twist the cap, meaning I need both hands to control brightness. The tail cap turns the light On / Off and switches from steady beam to strobe.
    The Nova Tac has a longer battery life of about six months. Three brightness settings 10 lumens, 60 lumens & 120 lumens plus strobe all controlled with the tail cap. Switching modes does take some getting used to but is all done with one hand, or the MAKO T-Grip trigger when rail mounted on my AR, Mossberg & 10/22
    I prefer the Novatac by far for its longer battery life and ease of one handed operation. Both are available for about $100.00
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    I just ordered some new lights this morning at 9am and by 10:30am I had an email saying they already shipped.
    They were waiting for me when I got home today. Now that's fast shipping!

I bought one of these for a shotgun and liked it so much I bought another for general use. I can shine it off the back porch into the trees 50 yards away. I can't remember right now why they talked me out of an LED...
    http://www.surefire.com/G3-Nitrolon

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    I have tried a whole series of inexpensive, Walmart, Target,Shucks, Auto Zone even Cabalas mini lights. They are all filling a drawer or taking up landfill space. None functioned reliably for any period of time for me.
    I have had my Novatac for a couple of years, ands have been very happy with it. Amazing the number of times you use a flashlight when you have one handy. Last year I got a deal on three Fenix PD20s. Figured a spare in the car, motorcycle and EDC. Use the Novatac for as a rail mounted light since all its function are controlled with the tail cap.
    The Fenix battery lasts two or three months with normal usage. The Fenix claims six functions in reality it has four functions 180 lumens with a fast strobe and 9 lumens with a slow strobe. To go from high to low you need to twist the cap, meaning I need both hands to control brightness. The tail cap turns the light On / Off and switches from steady beam to strobe.
    The Nova Tac has a longer battery life of about six months. Three brightness settings 10 lumens, 60 lumens & 120 lumens plus strobe all controlled with the tail cap. Switching modes does take some getting used to but is all done with one hand, or the MAKO T-Grip trigger when rail mounted on my AR, Mossberg & 10/22
    I prefer the Novatac by far for its longer battery life and ease of one handed operation. Both are available for about $100.00

I have used my 25 dollar Walmart light for over a year now. Not one single issues. I have dropped in on concrete multiple times and even fully submerged it in water a couple times too.I use it everday and it still works like new. I dont think there is a 25-50 dollar light that can beat the Coleman Max with the cree led anywhere.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

The Surefire G2 Nitrolon is only $39
    http://www.surefire.com/G2-Nitrolon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links