The most ridiculous thing I've seen all week. Ar15-grip MagLight

This is a discussion on The most ridiculous thing I've seen all week. Ar15-grip MagLight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.litegrip15.com/LiteGrip15home.php MagBang.jpg...

Thread: The most ridiculous thing I've seen all week. Ar15-grip MagLight

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

The most ridiculous thing I've seen all week. Ar15-grip MagLight

"Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

I think I'm gonna get me one of those!
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

I can't help but wonder what would happen if you had that hanging off your belt at Culvers ice cream shop in Wisconsin?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Senior Moderator
    It's a toss-up between this and the pistol bayonet for the "you've gotta be kidding me" product of the decade.....

Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

It looks like a good way to get shot.

Administrator
    See...I personally wouldn't buy that BECAUSE there is no picatinny rail on that MagLight for me to mount my bayonet.

I LIKE the grip angle but, everybody knows that a flashlight is totally useless if you can't conduct CQ trench warfare with it.

It really needs a bayonet and a laser so you know exactly where your light is shining and the exact body location that you're stabbing with your bayonet.

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    It's a toss-up between this and the pistol bayonet for the "you've gotta be kidding me" product of the decade.....

Matt,

In my private life as a volunteer (not my career) I have for the last four years been associated to a regional historical society & museum to which I now manage as museum president and org board chairman.
    Last summer we hosted a monthly lecture series on of course history subject matter relating to the town we are in and region of western MA overall.

One guest speaker we had is an expert on American pre-war armaments and he gave a presentation on the history of the firearm in the US from Columbus forward to the 1900s, as related to this area as it's well known that MA and New England overall has been a technology corridor toward firearms design & manufacture.
    The speakers talk included to my own surprise mention and photograph of an unusual piece of forgotten history being a musket pistol with a fixed bayonet. These were in fact developed locally by a duo of inventors who successfully proposed this to the US Navy and it became a standard issue tool. Off hand I've forgotten the battle he mentioned but there was a historically notable battle that our USN fought against another where these bayoneted musket pistols were widely deployed and helped us win. No joke, seriously.
    Also during his seminar I learned that it was the same two guys who invented the first shotgun choke concept AND secondarily developed a commercial non-fixed choke method product. Right here out of western MA.

After his seminar was over I walked up to him and told him that today in modern times CZ still offers a pistol bayonet product and markets it specifically to EDM military and police as an emergency measure. he was stunned as I was to hear this, and I days later forwarded to him links showing just this.

Crazy as this might seem on the surface, it has been functional...And likely still is to some degree.
    What's old is new again. ; )

- Janq

P.S. - I have his speech notes filed. I'll try to remember to look them up tonight and come back to cite the battle, year as well as the names of the inventors.
    I live in a very much anti-gun town and yet the attendees gave this man a standing ovation even as to my amazement he had walked on stage with real firearms including shotguns and rifles as display items.
    Just goes to show _anything_ can and does happen, no matter how crazy it might seem on the surface.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

That flashlight needs an accessory rail to attach a pistol to it.

I actually think the pistol bayonet is functional, in a last resort saving ammo for the heavies kinda way. I'm not saying I'm gonna buy one and mount it to my EDC, but it can be useful.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Links