Microfiber undershirts?

Microfiber undershirts?

This is a discussion on Microfiber undershirts? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone out there (mostly in hot climates), have any experience with these under armour tank tops for IWB CCW? I've been thinking about taking ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Microfiber undershirts?

Microfiber undershirts?

Does anyone out there (mostly in hot climates), have any experience with these under armour tank tops for IWB CCW? I've been thinking about taking a trip out to Wally to check them out.

I carry a Glock 21 in a C-TAC whick is a closed decision! I currently use cotton wife-beaters as undershirts, but when I move to FL, I just can't see that continuing.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! - Oh and I did do a search. Couldn't find a thing.
    Above all else... Prioritize.

I bought three Sam's Club underarmor-clone Tshirts that were advertised as "Moisture and Odor Management Tshirt"s. They were absolutely correct in their advertising. It was an extremely hot day, and I tend to sweat alot anyways, but I stayed pretty cool as the shirt just wicked away any moisture and odor...
    The people that I work with, were not as pleased at the performance of my shirt, wicking away my odor all over the office...

Now I only use them to run and exersize...

VIP Member
    Odor is the main problem with the synthetic materials in my experience, as well.

I haven't found anything that beats the wife-beater cotton shirts
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Lead Moderator
    I use underarmor shirts. they work great for wicking sweat away from ya.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I use the wal-mart version of the under armor shirt. Here is a bad pick of my setup.

Here in KS it has been getting to 95 degrees and it works real well.

Good luck.
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I use Nike microfiber sleeveless tee's (not compression) and they work well....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I bought a few of these clone shirts at Wal-Mart and elsewhere to wear under my vest when I'm out working. They work great! When I'm done working, off comes the vest and I can wear the microfiber shirt tucked in with another shirt covering the holster or just pull out the microfiber shirt to use as the cover-up.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I have an Underarmor and a Nike shirt of the same design. I wear them on days when I have a long outdoor assignment in hot weather. They work as advertised.

A normal cotton undershirt will get saurated with sweat when worn under body armor and will sometimes bunch up under the body armor, which is very uncomfortable. Not a problem with the UA and Nike shirts.

I'll look for the walmart brand.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Administrator

Post New Ones Out Now

Not sure of the name of the company.

They have ionized SILVER woven into the threads and the Silver kills the Bacteria AKA the Body Odor.

Big Help ...I Know...since I can't remember who is producing them but, something you might want to watch out for when you're shopping around.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

My underarmor works great, but you'll smell like cat piss.

i'm 6'2'' and 240 lbs with and average gut. I find the underarmor type shirts to be a bit uncomfortable. I wear the XXL but its still pretty snug on me making it uncomfortable. How are the rest of you guy making out with those shirts? Should I wear a size larger than I normally wear?

I'm 6'1"... I was 248lbs, now about 215lbs...

I bought the loose gear one about 2 yrs ago and was not too thrilled...

A few weeks ago I bought the tight fitting HEAT GEAR to wear under my other T-Shirts or work shirts....

I LOVE 'UM... I never thought I'd like the tight ones since I'm not a skinny guy... But they feel really good...

On that note... Once its time for bed it is a welcome feeling taking it off...
    ::: NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, Military Veteran, Public Safety Professional :::

Quote Originally Posted by absit
    My underarmor works great, but you'll smell like cat piss.
    Based on that, I am definitely reconsidering whether to purchase any.

tec
    Quote Originally Posted by David III
    Based on that, I am definitely reconsidering whether to purchase any.
    Not trying to be cruel here, but I had the same problem with odor, then I changed from a liquid shower soap to good ol' bar soap ZEST, no more odor problem. And to further gross you out, my shirts stunk so bad that my cats wanted to piss on my shirts if I left them on the floor. Since switching to the bar soap, no odor problems.

Does anyone know if any company makes a microfiber tank top? Not a sleeveless but a full tank-top. I usually wear t-shirts with a tank-top undershirt and would like to keep it that way. If not I might experiment with making one from a Walmart clone. Thanks.
    Hoss
    "from my cold, dead hands!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links