ncstar laser

ncstar laser

This is a discussion on ncstar laser within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are these any good? Quality, reliability, hold zero, etc..... Any first hand experience? APRLSMG http://www.ncstar.com/scripts/prodVi...?idproduct=317...

Thread: ncstar laser

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

ncstar laser

Are these any good? Quality, reliability, hold zero, etc.....

Any first hand experience?

APRLSMG

http://www.ncstar.com/scripts/prodVi...?idproduct=317
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

The only guarantee is that it will be a coin toss as to the reliability. Sometimes they last, other times they croak after the first shot. Just remember the country of origin.

I've seen them work fine for a long time but I'd not bet on them for life safety. I've had an NC Star scope that holds most of the time, not always but usually. Good for a plinker.

Any NC star crap I ever wasted my money on was a waste of my money...Just ask me how I really feel
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Are there any alternatives? I want to get a green laser for the fear factor when someone tries to break in I beam them with green and then they are like holy crap! I dont want to pull a trigger if a beam can make them flee. Too many legal ramifications, plus when I got my carbine back it would probably be all scratched and dented from the police treating it like a trunk gun.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

You're grasping at straws. If you want fear factor get a pit bull that foams at the mouth on command. A laser may scare some one, or it may be a big straight line to the target for the bad guy. Remember, the beam has two ends.

If you have the justification to shoot, shoot. This is on the lines of shoot to wound or disable instead of stop the threat.

Let me rephrase this.

It doesnt matter why i want a green laser. Are there any good alternative products besides NC Star?

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Too many legal ramifications, plus when I got my carbine back it would probably be all scratched and dented from the police treating it like a trunk gun.
    - I'm not that familiar with carbines, but if it has a picatinny rail, I would stick with companies like Crimson Trace, LaserMax and Viridian.

Administrator
    LaserMax LMS-UNI-G GREEN MAX is a great one but, not sure that you'll want to pay that price.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    LaserMax LMS-UNI-G GREEN MAX is a great one but, not sure that you'll want to pay that price.

Hrrm if it is quality and my life depends on it. I dont mind. But I would like to demo one at a shop somewhere. Time to start calling the toy shops.

Not really. I made the mistake of buying 2...One for my S&W Model 19 revolver & one for my S&W Sigma. I cheaped out.
    The best thing I can say about NCStar is the laser lights up. Setting them up take quite a while of adjusting at the range.
    After finally getting the sight set, I found out that once I put them in the range bag or holster they got knock out of whack.
    Do yourself a favor & spend the extra money & get a Crimson Trace. I found them to be dead accurate right out of the box.

That's the thing mainly. The price. The green lasers are nice....more visible in daylight, against lighter backgrounds, etc. And they'll reach to the moon on a clear night. Reliability pretty much demands a price on the green laser. IMO...the red lasers are more stable. As far as NCStar and their offerings?

Yeah I have a bad taste for NC Star now. I will look at the other options listed here and what I have seen elsewhere. Thanks.

If you don't need it rail mounted, the best I have come across are made by Greatland Laser. You can do a tactical grip while holding your firearm. The Greatland has been well reviewed by survival experts.

Links