Just got a Night-ops Gladius FANTASTIC LED!

Just got a Night-ops Gladius FANTASTIC LED!

This is a discussion on Just got a Night-ops Gladius FANTASTIC LED! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got my Night-ops Gladius... Much better fit and finish than I had expected... VERY bright and the strobe mode is quite disconcerting. I ...

Thread: Just got a Night-ops Gladius FANTASTIC LED!

Thumbs up Just got a Night-ops Gladius FANTASTIC LED!

I just got my Night-ops Gladius...

Much better fit and finish than I had expected... VERY bright and the strobe mode is quite disconcerting. I could see it as an effective weapon to buy those few extra seconds that could save a life.

I bought it for its low power mode which gives the user 400 hours of light on one set of batteries and also because it's waterproof (to 150 feet). The new HAIII finish is beautiful.. non-reflective matte and despite rumors to the contarary the batteries change out as quickly as they do on my SureFires.

I highly recomend this light.

I went through a store called National Police Supply in Vista CA. Owned by a former cop Sean DePriest who is a very nice guy. His price was only $169.00 They carry all sorts of name brands and prices seem to be quite competitive.
    http://www.nationalpolicesupply.com/

If you can't find the Gladius lights on their website.. just e-mail or call them

I researched this purchase for far too long before making the buy... I have been a SureFire fan for years but the Gladius is as rugged a piece of equipment as I have seen and its variable intensity mode makes it great for any real emergency situation. Check it out!

Rich
    Attached Images
    Last edited by hassiman; July 8th, 2006 at 10:24 PM. Reason: add picture

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Hmm. I'm your typical SureFire fanboy. I'm gonna have to check these out. Know of anyplace we can get pictures or vids?

I recieved my own Gladius three weeks ago and it is all that the marketing promises.
    Agreed regarding the 'Strobe' mode it would prove quite handy as a non-lethal option for CCW use escape/evasion.

There is an _excellent_ and complete review made by a gent from the UK that tells the entire story of the Gladius.
    Read this as there is really nothing more to be said about the Gladius that has not been covered here; http://www.britishblades.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8683

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Gladius

Dear Janq,

What's your Gladius serial number range and what color did you get??

Rich

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq
    I recieved my own Gladius three weeks ago and it is all that the marketing promises.
    Agreed regarding the 'Strobe' mode it would prove quite handy as a non-lethal option for CCW use escape/evasion.

There is an _excellent_ and complete review made by a gent from the UK that tells the entire story of the Gladius.
    Read this as there is really nothing more to be said about the Gladius that has not been covered here; http://www.britishblades.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8683

- Janq
    Outstanding review... thank you!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Yes, Sir...excellant review..........Thanks!

I bought a Gladius about a month ago at a great price! I could not be happier!! It is quite a useful, well-thought and layed-out light(got me thinkin' Torch' reading that British Blades review!!).
    I am a security professional and the Gladius replaced my Surefire and back-up Minimag with LED conversion that I was carrying. I also travel ALOT and a good light or two always accompany me on my journeys.
    I highly recommend the Gladius!
    The old 6P will soon be attached to my Bulgarian SLR-95........the Minimag rests in my E&E kit, with spare batteries for it and my new 'go-to' light...the NightOps Gladius.
    PS: I tried the 'strobe in a dark room in a mirror trick' first thing......I would not have been able to respond effectively after!! Great light!!
    Last edited by jercamp45; October 13th, 2006 at 04:51 PM. Reason: add on stuff

I love the idea behind the Gladius. It seems light an awesome light. I kinda wish you could set the brightness without turning it on but that is only a small thing.

By the way here is the link for the gladius on the site you mention.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    The odd thing is that on that website (in the link), I searched for and found the Gladius, but their writeup does not mention the fact that the light is an LED (unless I missed it somewhere).

At this point, I am an LED devotee and won't buy flashlights that are not LED anymore. LED light is what I prefer, now (although I know some tout the "warm" light and the "throw" from incandescents), but mostly I like the long life and the impact resistance that LED offers. Drop an expensive incandescent onto concrete and you're replacing the bulb, just like with the cheapest flashlight around.

I had to go to the review to find out that the Gladius runs a Luxeon III LED. Although I am not in the market for a $160+ flashlight, this is one that I would consider.

Sponsored Links