Streamlight is the bomb!

This is a discussion on Streamlight is the bomb! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been carrying a Streamlight Stylus Pro as my EDC light for over a year. I really like this light because it's so easy to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rollo

Thread: Streamlight is the bomb!

Streamlight is the bomb!

I've been carrying a Streamlight Stylus Pro as my EDC light for over a year. I really like this light because it's so easy to carry. It's got enough light for what I need.

Besides needing a light for my defensive needs, I also use one all of the time being a tradesman.

A few months ago, my tailcap button quit working. It's supposed to be a sustained switch; one press on, another press off. However, it quit working properly and only functioned as a momentary switch; I had to hold the button down for the light to work. There are many times when I need the light on, and set it down or something to do work with my hands, and the dysfunctional switch was something of an annoyance. I thought that I would have to buy a new light.

Not really thinking anything of it, I dropped an email to Streamlight. I asked them if there was some quick fix that I could perform to get the light back to original. Their reply was:

Zacii,

Please reply back with your mailing information. We will send you (1) Stylus Pro tailcap switch.

Sincerely,

Admin Asst Repairs
    No kidding? I was surprised at their answer, I thought that they would say to mail it in for repair. So, I sent my mailing info a bit ago, and today it came

They replaced, no questions asked, the whole tailcap assembly. I just unscrewed the old one, threw in new batteries while I was at it, and put on the new tailcap/button assembly.

It's like having a new light!

Streamlight is the bomb
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

2. Remove Ads

I can't bring myself to spend that much on a flashlight. Glad they stuck by it and sent you the part.
    Last edited by tkruf; October 30th, 2010 at 07:20 PM.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    This is typical of the high-end quality manufacturers. For the price premium, you get outstanding service.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I can't bring myself to spend that much on a flashlight. Glad they stuck by it and sent you the part.
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of surefire? The stream light stylus pro goes for about 18.00 on line.

P.S - I LOVE my Streamlight microstream!
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

ah, maybe it is surefire. I'm so confused! LOL
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of surefire? The stream light stylus pro goes for about 18.00 on line.

Yeah man, I own a lot of flashlights and I have a Stylus Pro, which I bought for about $20............

The Stylus Pro is a nice little light, but only puts out about 24 lumens. If someone is wanting an azz-kicking AAA*2 light, then check out the 4Sevens Preon II, which cranks out 180 lumens from two tiny AAA batteries!!

Nice to hear that Streamlight took care of you with a new switch.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

mrm
    Surefire did the same for me I bought a used E2D defender with a broken pocket clip, I called them and they actually apologized for there product breaking and sent me a new one right away, another company just like them is Crimson Trace.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

I have a Stylus Pro in Green in my EDC bag. It prserves night vision. I also have a Microstream that is my EDC light at work in my suit pants when a Surefire and the aggressive knurling would cut holes. It has saved my bacon on multiple occasions.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post

I actually had the microstream first, but I lost it so I bought the Stylus Pro. It ran me about $20-$25 and it's worth it

BTW, I do have an LED G2 that is also the bomb But it's a lot more light, for a lot more money.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Administrator
    Streamlight has done the same for me in the past, a good company indeed.
    "Just blame Sixto"

+1, I have one like yours and can't say enough good things about it. I find the amount of light it gives off amazing and plenty for most any situation. Highly recommend it to anyone over the higher priced options. I'm sure the higher end ones are awesome, but for a EDC light the micro fits the bill perfectly IMO.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

That sounds like good customer service. I'm going to have to make use of it since the rail on my TLR-3 just broke. I'm not sure how it was possible since I've only mounted and removed it from a Glock 19 a total of 3 times.

Links