Eotech XPS2-0 "OPMOD" with Eotech 3X Magnifier?

This is a discussion on Eotech XPS2-0 "OPMOD" with Eotech 3X Magnifier? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking into an Eotech XPS2-0 "OPMOD". Which is a version of the Eotech XPS2-0 made especially for Optics Planet. It has a built in ...

Thread: Eotech XPS2-0 "OPMOD" with Eotech 3X Magnifier?

I'm looking into an Eotech XPS2-0 "OPMOD". Which is a version of the Eotech XPS2-0 made especially for Optics Planet. It has a built in 7mm riser to create a lower 1/3rd co-witness with my iron sights. My question is, will I have problems matching up the Eotech 3x magnifier behind the sight because of the additional height? The 3X Magnifier comes with it's own built in "flip-to-side mount" that is supposedly VERY well made. Does anyone know if these 2 items will work together? Or will the OPMOD XPS2 sit a little to high to work with magnifiers? I have included both items I speak of below.

Thanks.
    Happy belated Halloween.....and make sure you get out tomorrow and VOTE!!!!

http://www.opticsplanet.net/l3-eotec...2-0-opmod.html

http://www.opticsplanet.net/eotech-g...t-g23-fts.html
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

Honestly I'd just call optics planet and ask them, they have a pretty solid reputation, and I'm sure they won't steer you wrong.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Thanks for the suggestion. Not that I don't trust optics planet, but have found that the best information comes from those who actually have the product. I don't seem to be getting many reply's thought, so a call to optics planet may be in order

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

It says that the riser works with all EO-techs. One nice thing about the holographic type sights like the EO-tech is that once you get it zero'd in, if you can see the reticle, than the bullet will hit where the reticle is aiming. So really it shouldn't be that big of an issue, but since both have 7mm risers, I imagine you would be fine. An eo-tech with a magnifier gives you good versatility out to about 500 yards if you know what you are doing.

Just a though, but having a sight, magnifier and BUIS is gonna make the top of your weapon awfully busy, you have probably considered that, but once again, just a though.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Thanks for your help BUCKEYE! I actually had a 3-9X- 50mm scope, with the back up sights, and a 1'Clock mount with cheap red dot holosight on my rifle until a few days ago. Now THAT was busy haha. This quick acquisition between sight and magnifier will actually be a little easier for me now, not to mention how much lighter the rifle will be

Any love?

I just shot a note to the opticplanet guys asking essentially the same question..

I like the idea of the buttons on the side of the unit, but not enough to have a sight with a unique height..

I don't want a sight with some proprietary 7mm riser I can't match anything up with besides another $500 eotech magnifier. So while I like the idea of the side buttons, I'm tempted to get a regular xps2-0 with a half inch riser. Instead of a 7 mm riser a .5 inch riser is about 13mm...

And can you still get a backup iron sight to work with the OPMOD?

Asking if it's based on the XPS2 or the XPS3, as I hadn't heard of the Exps"
    "Actually, our inspiration for the OPMOD is the EXPS3. So the base layer is the EXPS3 minus the night vision compatibility. The only magnifier we have that will definitely work with the OPMOD is the EOTech magnifier."

And asking if I'm going to be stuck with an eotech magnifier if I go this route vs using a half inch spacer:
    "The main difference with the EXPS3 is that the mount is adjustable for width variation. That mechanism is what gives it the extra height. The intensity controls are also on the side of the sight instead of the back. For your application it is probably better to go with the XPS3."

Sponsored Links