Good, inexpensive tac boots?

This is a discussion on Good, inexpensive tac boots? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any suggestions on a decent, inexpensive pair of tactical boots? Any brands to look at and also which carriers might have brick and mortar stores ...

Thread: Good, inexpensive tac boots?

Good, inexpensive tac boots?

Any suggestions on a decent, inexpensive pair of tactical boots? Any brands to look at and also which carriers might have brick and mortar stores I can go to? I hate buying footwear online, never works out.

I will be shopping the Cookeville, TN area.

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Rocky has been the best value I've found so far.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Belleville 390. They cost about 100-120 dollars, but they last forever. They are what I would consider a real military boot, but are very comfortable. There are some more commercial boots out there that may have a more tennis shoe like feel to them, but they will not hold up with way the belleville boots will (I've tried a few). I'm on my third pair. The first was issued to me for Afghanistan, worn there, and worn for about 3 years after through many field problems and foot marches. The second I bought for a tour in Iraq; worn every day for a year, allot of dismount miles on them. The only reason I replaced them was because they spent allot of time on the ground and wouldn't "clean up" enough for the garrison environment I'm in now; structurally/comfortability they are still great. The most recent pair, I've been in daily for a year and half. Granted, it's in a garrison/office environment, but they show zero sign of wear.

http://www.bellevilleshoe.com/stylesall.php?categ=6
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

I bought a pair of Sear's "Die Hard" black leather boots and wore them as duty boots for just short of 6 years. I finally split a seam on a brush fire call and went and bought the exact same style. They held up better than any duty boot I ever wore. They were black side-zips and I don't think I paid over $65 for them. They were cheaper in the store than online.

The only change I made was to change the laces to black 550 cord, since I used it to secure a "rescue" knife in the left boot.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    Any suggestions on a decent, inexpensive pair of tactical boots? Any brands to look at and also which carriers might have brick and mortar stores I can go to? I hate buying footwear online, never works out.

I will be shopping the Cookeville, TN area.

Thanks.

Whatever is on sale at LAPG

Hi-Tec Magnum is the best overall buy. Rockys are not what they used to be since they stopped making them in USA. For the best value, and longest wearing I recommend Danner to anybody.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I know you don't like shopping online, but see if you can find a Oakley Vault store. Theres one in Nashville...or there was pre flood. 175.00 boots for 75.00.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

The Oakley shoes are very good. If you are military, LE, EMS etc, you can go to www.usstandardissue.com It is the Government site for Oakley, and they sell their boots/shoes there.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Really inexpensive? Take a look at Herman Survivors at Wal-Mart for $45 (sometimes on sale at $39.99). They are waterproof, lightweight and good for heavy use for about 15-18 months. Moderate use will go longer, though your mileage may vary. I'm on my 5th pair since 2004 and wear them every day. I got a pair of Rocky's for $100 and they lasted just as long as my Herman's. Just a thought....
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Check outs Ops Gear, I got a nice tac urban pair on there for 54.99, also free shipping if you buy anything over 30 bucks
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Have a pair of Corcoran Field Boots with speed laces. Really like them. Seems to me they were about $125.

al
    "gettin' there is half the fun."

Walmart has Brahma boots.Mine have steel toes,water proof,oil and slip resistant,electrical hazard resistant.What else could you need for $45?

Couple of years ago I was required to wear boots for my job. I'm a BIG man and terrible with finding boots I feel comfortable in! TERRIBLE!!!

I tried all the big names, Carolina, Danner, Red Wing, (they were the god awful worst for the money), Bates, Rocky, Wolverine, etc. Don't understand this thing called break-in for a pair of boots. It's not a baseball glove for cryin' out loud!! Put them on and they should not hurt!!

Finally I ordered a pair of Converse Duty boots from LAPG that were about $75 with free shipping. Best dang boots I've ever worn!!! Even got them with the composite toe for extra safety and never regreted buying them! Heck, bought another pair to wear outside of work, they were so comfy.

Pick one;
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/comefo.html
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

I've had excellent luck with Bates, both the Tropical SEAL and the USMC temperate (~$120 range), but I think the OP's emphasis was on cheap. My dad picked up a pair of Brazos duty boots at Academy Sports for around $30 and he's had them for 3 years now without them disintegrating. That's more than I can say for the $80 pair of Rocky's I bought where the soles disintegrated after 3 months. Can also attest to the fact that a lot of my fellow deputies wore the Herman's Survivors from Wal-Mart and had good things to say about them.

Hope our suggestions are helpful!
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

Links