Duty Boots?

This is a discussion on Duty Boots? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Didn't know if this was the best place to post or not but....... Which of these would you think the most comfortable? I like the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duty Boots?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Duty Boots?

Didn't know if this was the best place to post or not but.......

Which of these would you think the most comfortable?

I like the zipper and price of the first one but comfort is important too.

http://www.galls.com/email/style.htm...t=&style=SP594

http://www.galls.com/email/style.htm...t=&style=SP839
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    This is what I wear for my duty boots, they have been great. I had one pair that one of the eyelets came out and some stitching started coming undone. I called their CS and they shipped me a new pair at no charge, along with a return shipping label to ship my other boots back. I had them in 4 days, so in my experience, their CS is the best.

I paid $165.00 at a local Sportsman's Warehouse.

http://www.danner.com/boots/strikert...orm-boots.html

They are the most comfortable boots I've ever had, and I wear them approximately 60 hours a week. Another thing I really like about them is that when you walk, you don't hear the normal "clunk" of the boot, they are very quiet.
    Last edited by sigmanluke; November 19th, 2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: more
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I have these, the most comfortable boots I've ever owned:

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Ho...:10703/I/12003
    Last edited by Greg Foster; November 19th, 2010 at 05:37 PM.

I'm a big man and comfortable boots was something I could never find and I've tried ALL the big names! Everyone would say you have to let them break in. BULL!! That's for baseball gloves.

I love my Converse composite toe boots and they are a side zip as well. Check out LA Police Gear, they have free shipping too. Even bought an extra pair to wear outside of work, they are that comfy!!

Here's a link;

http://www.lapolicegear.com/comefo.html
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Danner Acadias
    Great boots! A little expensive, but you get what you pay for. I won't wear anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastball View Post
    I'm a big man and comfortable boots was something I could never find and I've tried ALL the big names! Everyone would say you have to let them break in. BULL!! That's for baseball gloves.

I love my Converse composite toe boots and they are a side zip as well. Check out LA Police Gear, they have free shipping too. Even bought an extra pair to wear outside of work, they are that comfy!!

Here's a link;

http://www.lapolicegear.com/comefo.html
    Hey these look like something my husband would like for work. He DESTROYS boots :P
    How's that non-metal zipper hold up?? We've replaced two jackets this year due to zipper failures, so that seems like a weak point. If it will last 8 months, it's at least as good as what we've been buying. We have to replace the boots in the fall/winter so they won't have holes in them when it's cold/wet out so it's on the budget for next payday
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

You can pay just a little more for some American made Danners...Acadia, Recon , Blackhawk or Patrol are what I own three pair and will not buy any other brand. They are the ONLY boot company approved by the American Podiatric Association. Worth every penny.

That being said. The Bates would be my choice, of those two. More time on the streets with Bates as a company. Trust them more.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/pr...E2%80%93+Black

Best bang for your buck, Sadly they come in one size, I love mine
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Administrator
    Go for whatever you decide on but, pick something with Side Zips.
    I will never buy another boot without the side zip feature.

Administrator
    Here is a link to Atlantic Tactical Boot Pages. They do carry Bates. http://www.atlantictactical.com/item...&CatName=Boots
    Good honest company. - Never hurts to shop around.
    I have purchased various items from them at least 10 times already.
    Fast shipping. I have always order by phone with a Credit Card. Never any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    Hey these look like something my husband would like for work. He DESTROYS boots :P
    How's that non-metal zipper hold up?? We've replaced two jackets this year due to zipper failures, so that seems like a weak point. If it will last 8 months, it's at least as good as what we've been buying. We have to replace the boots in the fall/winter so they won't have holes in them when it's cold/wet out so it's on the budget for next payday
    I am on my 5th pair of these boots and I did have to have one zipper replaced, but it cost me about 12 bucks to have fixed at the local shoe repair guy.

Don't go with the adage of "you get what you paid for" statement. Everyone told me Red Wings are what you want. I got a pair for around $80, wore them around the house and couldn't take it!! Break-in my butt!! Exchanged them for a $120 pair, samething, so then they told me you should try the top of the line boots for $175. I about fell over for the price, but figured hey, if they last me 2 or 3 years I guess it's worth it.

Hurt my feet worse than ANY of the others!! Took them back and told them I wanted my money back and was told can't because I got a scuff on the side and they can't re-sell them. I threw a heck of a fit, but am still stuck with a $175 pair of boots that are worthless to me!!!

I will never do business with those crooks!!! Heck of a way to do business.

Like I said, I tried ALLL the big names and even some of the cheapos. The Converse boots are ther best I have found and I am hard on them. They've lasted me anywhere between 9-12 months and I need to get a new pair because I wear the soles out, but I'm sure that's because of my size/weight and I'm on concrete all day.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I wore a pair of these http://www.wolverine.com/US/en-US/Pr...nch-Wellington for duty. I wanted these http://www.rockyboots.com/Product-De...on-Duty-Boots/ but they don't come in my size.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Fastball View Post
    I am on my 5th pair of these boots and I did have to have one zipper replaced, but it cost me about 12 bucks to have fixed at the local shoe repair guy.

Don't go with the adage of "you get what you paid for" statement. Everyone told me Red Wings are what you want. I got a pair for around $80, wore them around the house and couldn't take it!! Break-in my butt!! Exchanged them for a $120 pair, samething, so then they told me you should try the top of the line boots for $175. I about fell over for the price, but figured hey, if they last me 2 or 3 years I guess it's worth it.

Hurt my feet worse than ANY of the others!! Took them back and told them I wanted my money back and was told can't because I got a scuff on the side and they can't re-sell them. I threw a heck of a fit, but am still stuck with a $175 pair of boots that are worthless to me!!!

I will never do business with those crooks!!! Heck of a way to do business.

Like I said, I tried ALLL the big names and even some of the cheapos. The Converse boots are ther best I have found and I am hard on them. They've lasted me anywhere between 9-12 months and I need to get a new pair because I wear the soles out, but I'm sure that's because of my size/weight and I'm on concrete all day.
    Thanks for the feedback. The boots hubbs has been wearing I can't remember if the shoes had a brand but the soles were Michelin tires brand. Out soles are still good, but the boots aren't so much. Hubbs says they're comfortable though, which is why we have bought 3 pair of them since we've been together. I showed him the Converse boots and he said "buy a pair" so we will, come payday.

Everybody around here thinks Jusin boots are the ****. I had a pair myself and they fit like a glove right out of the box, which was real nice, but they were awful for walking around in and they scuffed up if you looked at them wrong. I have Georgia boots on now, they are much better and they still look halfway decent too. I've only heard of the Red Wing ones on the radio or somewhere, I guess they don't have them where I shop, which sounds like a good thing. haha
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

I'd vote for the Bates, just based on my experience. I wore Bates when I worked for the DOD, Bates at the Sheriff's Office, I wear Bates on duty as a Marine, and a pair of black Bates for civilian wear. I've never bought a bad pair. I've never had a pair last fewer than 3 years of daily wear. I all cases it was just wear on the sole that did them in. They could've been re-soled as the rest of the boots were fine.

The Marines wear Bates. The Navy SEALs are issued Bates at BUD/S. Army SF in Afghanistan wears Bates. For the price, you simply cannot do better.

*I do not work for Bates Footwear, nor am I affiliated with them in any way. I just want to see a good company keep doing good business. They've served me well and I hope they will serve you well.
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps79 View Post
    I'd vote for the Bates, just based on my experience. I wore Bates when I worked for the DOD, Bates at the Sheriff's Office, I wear Bates on duty as a Marine, and a pair of black Bates for civilian wear. I've never bought a bad pair. I've never had a pair last fewer than 3 years of daily wear. I all cases it was just wear on the sole that did them in. They could've been re-soled as the rest of the boots were fine.

The Marines wear Bates. The Navy SEALs are issued Bates at BUD/S. Army SF in Afghanistan wears Bates. For the price, you simply cannot do better.
    *I do not work for Bates Footwear, nor am I affiliated with them in any way. I just want to see a good company keep doing good business. They've served me well and I hope they will serve you well.
    I really like Bates. You can't beat them for the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links