Great fitting covert tactical pants from a new company: Vertx

This is a discussion on Great fitting covert tactical pants from a new company: Vertx within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; *I am in no way affiliated with this company in any way, shape or form. I reap no profits or benefit from promoting them, other ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great fitting covert tactical pants from a new company: Vertx

Great fitting covert tactical pants from a new company: Vertx

*I am in no way affiliated with this company in any way, shape or form. I reap no profits or benefit from promoting them, other than seeing a great new company succeed.

What happens when you take the top outdoor clothing manufacture (who also is the primary contractor for MARCORSYSCOM and their special operations clothing program), introduce them to the company that provides the Marine Corps' dress uniforms, and then let them spend countless hours testing and getting feedback from DEA, FBI, and CIA agents in the field? You get Vertx "For the Operational Athlete".

Vertx is a collaborative effort between Arc'Teryx (provider of USMC tactical outerwear and main pack), Fecheimer/Flying Cross (provider of USMC dress uniforms), and federal covert agents.

I found them when I was looking to replace a pair of my Arc'Teryx "Candidate" pants that had been designed for a federal agency's training academy. I liked the look of the pants and decided to track down a dealer. I fully intended to try them on and then go buy them from the cheapest online dealer I could find. Instead, once I got them on in the store, I had to wear them home the same night. They fit that well. Bonus is they aren't just offered in Sm-Med-Lg-XL, but they come in full-spec sizing, including odd-numbered waists up to 36" and even sizes thereafter.

The design is from Arc'Teryx and the manufacturing and supply is sourced from Fecheimer. If your local cop-shop sells Flying Cross uniforms, they should be able to carry Vertx. Of course, the selling point for them is that the design doesn't advertise itself as "tacticool" with bulging pockets, loops and D-rings, but the functionality is all built in. The pockets lay flat and present a clean look appropriate for the office. The REALLY cool thing about Vertx is that they are a huge supporter of the Wounded Warrior Project which benefits injured service members.

So, here's hoping a bunch of you will check out their site and help a new line be successful.

For more info, visit:http://www.wearvertx.com
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

2. Remove Ads

Here's a sample review posted on their website from "a customer" [I have no idea who it might be ;D]-

For a pair of cotton tactical cargo pants, you simply cannot do better than these. I've owned every brand imaginable including the big names that cost an arm and a leg. There may be pants worth over $100 but the budget of people in the line of work who require this kind of gear can't always support that kind of spending. That's where Vertx comes in. Take Arc'Teryx styling (these are nearly identical in design to the old "Candidate" pant), add Feccheimer's (Flying Cross) production power, give it a dose of operator input and you get a great pair of pants. The finish isn't as pristine as Arc'Teryx, but the price isn't astronomical either. Overall it far surpasses what you would expect from a $50 pair of pants.

The branding isn't as conspicuous as another law-enforcement brand that started out in the climbing business; but that's a good thing when you don't want to stand out as Mr. Tacticool. Construction is far sturdier than your big-box store cargos, with a gusseted crotch and articulated knees. But the inset cargo pockets keep these pants looking smooth and low profile. They don't scream out your occupation. The double belt loops in the center-back will help to support any heavy items you may need to conceal on your belt. Finally, a hidden zip pocket keeps your keys and cash safe when your movements get extreme, and an extra hidden flap in the back pockets will keep your wallet from slipping out in all but the most animated scenarios.

The fabric is a tight-weave medium-weight cotton. The weave is similar to a duck material, but much lighter and more flexible. This provides a durable snag-free and slicker looking finish than you get with other denim or khaki-type weaves. It's essentially ripstop without wearing grid-squares. Overall, I have to say this is by far the best pair of low-profile tactical pants I have ever worn that didn't cost a full day's wages. To be honest, in the next 6 months I'll probably own a pair in every color. They're that good.
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

Member Array Invisible Swordsman's Avatar
    I bought a couple pair of these a few months ago at my local cop shop. There was a promotional discount because they just got them in. So far I'm very pleased and will probably buy more as the need arises.

Sponsor
    Nice site, bought a copuple pair of pants.

Thanks,

guy

www.TigerHolsterSystems.com www.TigerRacingProducts.com
    Tiger Holster Systems
    Peace of Mind at Arms Reach

Thank you........great pants
    O. D. A. T.

Distinguished Member
    It's been almost a year, how are the pants holding up?

Did you get the 100% cotton version or the poly/cotton blend?
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Indeed. They make great pants! I have several pairs and love them. The 100% cotton ones are nice, but the new lightweight ones are even beter! Here's a vid I made of the original ones.

Distinguished Member
    Thanks for the video SnareMan. How is the waist sizing compared to other similar pants like TruSpec or 5.11?

Thanks. Truspec and 5.11 waist sizes run pretty true. I buy my Vertx pants an inch larger and they fit great. Just like LAPG pants run about 2" small.

Distinguished Member
    Thanks, good to know. Think I'm going to order a pair today to try them out.

lel
    I bought 2 pair based on this recomendation. I normally take a 34" waist. I sized up to 36" and they are a bit large in the butt, but an excellent fit everywhere else. Great "covert" tactical pants. Paid $40 per at local police supply. I highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by lel View Post
    I bought 2 pair based on this recomendation. I normally take a 34" waist. I sized up to 36" and they are a bit large in the butt, but an excellent fit everywhere else. Great "covert" tactical pants. Paid $40 per at local police supply. I highly recommend them.
    Wow, $40 is a great deal on them! I agree - they are great low key pants. Did you try the 34's on and find them to be too tight?

Distinguished Member
    Since these seem to run small when you guys are wearing them is it with or without the elastic waist stretched?

I wear a 32" in the Tru-Spec pants but the waist is fully collapsed when worn normally. The waist only stretches when I carry IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    Since these seem to run small when you guys are wearing them is it with or without the elastic waist stretched?

I wear a 32" in the Tru-Spec pants but the waist is fully collapsed when worn normally. The waist only stretches when I carry IWB.
    I wear a 32 in Tru-spec as well and fits with it non-expanded.

I wear a 32" in most pants. With the Vertx 32 the elastic is fully expanded. With the 33 its just right and non-stressed/stretched.

Distinguished Member
    Based on that and the video it sounds like we are similar in size. Just placed an order for a pair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links