Surefire - Page 2

Surefire

This is a discussion on Surefire within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now that you've got your G2 if you want a treat get the P61 head for it. Double the output but half the battery life. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surefire

Now that you've got your G2 if you want a treat get the P61 head for it. Double the output but half the battery life. It is seriously bright though. I keep the P61 on the light and the regular head nearby if I need long term illumination. I primarily carry it to give someone at night a little flash in the eyes if they're suspect.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr
    Now that you've got your G2 if you want a treat get the P61 head for it. Double the output but half the battery life. It is seriously bright though. I keep the P61 on the light and the regular head nearby if I need long term illumination. I primarily carry it to give someone at night a little flash in the eyes if they're suspect.
    Is that the 120 lumen head? I was thinking about getting that and the kit to make the light rechargable.

Yup, 120 lumens and that is really, really bright! I haven't looked at the rechargeable kits yet so don't know about the burn time with the rechargeable batteries.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by myusername
    i have the 6P. They offer great light output and small size. If you actually use them make sure you stock up on batteries. If it is something that will be used for a few seconds at a time and not too often then they will last.

I am told the LED versions have much better battery life.
    Ditto on the shizot he said...!
    ::: NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, Military Veteran, Public Safety Professional :::

Some of the LEDs have over 18 hours of battery life. Granted alot of that will be less than 10 lumens.

Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice
    just my 2c

i bought a G2 to carry daily. i liked it so much it's now in the glove box of my car... i was so impressed by the G2, i had to upgrade to an E2D. Worth every penny! (both!) I've had the E2D in my pocket for over a year now... (13mos.) never replaced the original bulb or battery's. (i will soon just to CMA)

everyone who "sees the light" is amazed... WTH is that? ... i laugh. "a flash light."

just be sure to watch how much you spend on bat's. buying bulk from surefire seems to be cheaper.

good luck and stay lit!
    Last edited by 777unch; July 11th, 2006 at 10:18 PM.

My Surefire is almost as usefull as my note pad at work.

I change my batterys every 6 months with a 6P w/h 120 lumen head.
    I only have it on for a few seconds when in use, so battery life isnt an issue. I also carry a Streamlight Batonlight to use as a normal flashlight.

The only Surefire I've had is a Surefire G2. I have had numerous problems with it. More particularly, the P60 lamp assembly. There are lights out there that are close to Surefire quality that are just as reliable and more inexpensive. I think thier LED line is WAY OVER PRICED. Some of thier LED lights are reaching the cost of full blown custom lights. Its rediculous IMHO. Still, that doesn't naygate the fact that Surefire makes some good lights. They have the tactical flashlight market cornered for sure. If I had my choice (which I do) would choose Streamlight over Surefire. They make nice very reliable and very sturdy flashlights that are more inexpensive that Surefire.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛAB…

The valley of the sun scorched earth(Phx,Az)
    Surefire is the shiznet. I have a Z3: 105 lumens(also have the 200 lumen lamp for it), 1 G3 and 2 E2E's(one in my truck and one in the girlfriend's purse right next to her CRKT F4).
    NRA Life Member USCCA Member

Freedoms Precious Metals:Gold, Silver and Lead

"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Kimber Tactical Pro II w/EE over 2000 rnds NO MALFUNCTIONS

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Take a look at PentagonLight. They are high quality, and run about 2/3 the cost of surefire lights. Several of my local SWAT guys have bought these for use at home and to supplement their weapon-mounted surefires. A couple have even commented that they cant tell the differance between the two at night.

Heres the link: http://www.pentagonlight.com/
    Fear No Evil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links