OC Spray for My Wife

This is a discussion on OC Spray for My Wife within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any suggestions on a good OC spray for my wife to carry? My initial thought is that it should be on her keychain so that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC Spray for My Wife

OC Spray for My Wife

Any suggestions on a good OC spray for my wife to carry? My initial thought is that it should be on her keychain so that it will always be with her, but I am willing to entertain other ideas.
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

2. Remove Ads

Fox labs personal pocket spray. If my wife has the van, she has her spray. it's a smaller unit, so less product. But it's so easy to carry my wife loves it. She typically has it in her hand as she walks to her car.

http://foxlabs.com/pepperspray.shtml
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=524509

I would recommend that her keys not be attached to her OC spray. Keys in one hand to unlock the car and OC spray in the other to use if needed.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=524509

I would recommend that her keys not be attached to her OC spray. Keys in one hand to unlock the car and OC spray in the other to use if needed.
    The NRA version isn't the hot Sabre Red product the LE use, it's toned down to meet all 50 states requirements. This is per Sabre themselves. The Fox Labs is the full strength.

Second as to the spray on the keys, most have the remote unlock so it's not an issue. If you still have to use the key in the lock then yup, better to have it separate.

Don't forget to check state regulations on sprays also. Many have a maximum volume quantity you can carry and some don't allow concentrations of the Oleoresin Capsicum above a certain percentage.

YOu can jerk the keys right off of the Fox spray. I've never had them come off though. It's a push button style release, but I figure any adult could just give it a sharp tug to pull it off. And from personal experience, if it's not attached it tends to get left if in a hurry. And beats trying to dig one out of a purse in a hurry. Think of it this way, the vehicle panic button is there with the spray.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    YOu can jerk the keys right off of the Fox spray. I've never had them come off though. It's a push button style release, but I figure any adult could just give it a sharp tug to pull it off. And from personal experience, if it's not attached it tends to get left if in a hurry. And beats trying to dig one out of a purse in a hurry. Think of it this way, the vehicle panic button is there with the spray.
    I thought the panic button was in her hip pocket.

Thanks. I've heard good things about Fox Labs. We have keyless entry, so I'm not as concerned about having the keys separate from the spray, especially with the breakaway design. I'm more concerned about her leaving the spray at home...
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

Distinguished Member
    My wife and I both carry the Sabre 3-in-1 sprays, which contain OC, CS, and UV dye.

Check out the kimber pepper blaster.

http://www.pepperblaster.com/

+1 on the Kimber, the others are more like perfume sprayers.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    My wife and I both carry the Sabre 3-in-1 sprays, which contain OC, CS, and UV dye.
    I'm also interested in the Mace Gel. A gooey stream, presumably eliminating the back-spray and increasing precision.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    I'm also interested in the Mace Gel. A gooey stream, presumably eliminating the back-spray and increasing precision.
    Most companies recommend against untrained persons using the gel or foam since its so easy for the bad guy to collect and return to sender. It requires a direct hit in the eyes and face to be effective and that is not always easy since the bad guys rarely hold still while you spray them. The main use for foams or gels are in an extremely closed in area with personnel that are trained in it's use.

Most companies recommend against untrained persons using the gel or foam since its so easy for the bad guy to collect and return to sender
    i have a buddy who was a LEO who told me the same thing that his department got rid of theres b/c of someone being able to through it back, guess they had a case or two of this happening.

I got my fiance a key attached one i know she should have it in the other hand but i know her if its not convient she will forget to grab it. we also have a large can (4oz maybe) for when we walk the dogs. both fox labs they had some very good prices ontop of alot of quality reviews

Another thing to keep in mind is most have a shelf life anywhere from 2 to 5 years. Kimber is 2yrs shipped from Kimber, some reviews on a few http://www.pepperspraycenter.com/blog/index.php?catid=7
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links