HEADS UP! Sig Sauer STL-900L Tactical Light/Laser - $89!!!

This is a discussion on HEADS UP! Sig Sauer STL-900L Tactical Light/Laser - $89!!! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'll start with this: I know little about this light. It is a weapon mount light (LED) with a laser as seen here http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/Sho...&productid=285 This ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HEADS UP! Sig Sauer STL-900L Tactical Light/Laser - $89!!!

Senior Moderator

I'll start with this: I know little about this light. It is a weapon mount light (LED) with a laser as seen here

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/Sho...&productid=285

This is the BoTach price - $89, and notice it sells in the SigStore for $215. I've seen it other places for around $189.

I asked Botach if this is the same light I've been seeing for near $200 and they said yes. It uses one (1) CR123 battery and outputs 130 lumens. It has a strobe mode and various combinations of light & laser. It uses magnetic switching. Oh, I should mention that this appears to be a compact unit - the laser is not on the bottom as so many combos are, it is in the center of the light - that's good. The laser is adjustable for windage and elevation.

It fits a Sig rail, i.e. M1913 and similar.

So if you've ever wanted a WML with a combo light/laser you may want to check this out. $89 is a good price for the light alone!

However, you need to research this for yourself because I have zero experience with it for the time being.

The owner's manual is here:
    http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/CmsC...ONS%203-09.pdf

Again I know little about this light except what Sig's specs say about it, but I did order one - Christmas being so near and all, and I haven't bought my present(s) soooo...
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Dang too late. Looks like it is sold out.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    Dang too late. Looks like it is sold out.
    I just ordered one. Here is the direct link to the page:

http://www.botachtactical.com/sigsasttali.html

$89.95 + $11.45 for UPS ground.

edit: Thanks for the 411 Tangle!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    I just ordered one. Here is the direct link to the page:

http://www.botachtactical.com/sigsasttali.html

$89.95 + $11.45 for UPS ground.

edit: Thanks for the 411 Tangle!
    It's such a good deal, I figured it'd be of interest for anyone considering either a light or a laser and this one with a laser and strobe modes and a 'centerline' laser cost no more than plain jane WMLs!

Specs for this say "M1913 and similar type rails". Is a Glock considered "similar type rails"?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dbramhall View Post
    Specs for this say "M1913 and similar type rails". Is a Glock considered "similar type rails"?
    Good question! I don't know with enough confidence to say yes, but out of Streamlight, Insight, and Surefire WMLs, I've yet to see a gun they would not fit and that does include Glocks.

But, I haven't tried this one on anything, so I can't say much about it yet. I will know when mine comes in, but that doesn't help much right now. You might give Sig customer service a call and see what they say???? Oh, and let us know what they say if you do.

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    I mis-read this and thought that it was the Sig Store selling it for $89. I am still contemplating on purchasing one from Botach from reading problems other people have had. Let us know if you get yours. God Bless

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    I mis-read this and thought that it was the Sig Store selling it for $89. I am still contemplating on purchasing one from Botach from reading problems other people have had. Let us know if you get yours. God Bless
    Will do! I've heard about some difficulties with Botach too, but I've ordered from them without a problem.

Distinguished Member
    I watched some videos of the light on you tube and one of them mentioned it came with a different "clamp" for Glock type rails. A M1913 rail is a Picatinny.

I spoke w/Botach and they said it is compatible. I found other references on the web saying it is as well.

Has anybody received theirs yet? The day this thread started I called Botach, and they said they were in stock and would ship right away.
    I would love to hear your thoughts on the light/laser, and also general experience w/Botach. I've read negative reviews of both, and would love to hear that the complaints were unwarranted.
    I haven't bought one yet, but did show my wife this as one of the things I wouldn't mind getting for Christmas.

Distinguished Member
    Got my light today from Botach. Light works well, not hard to use at all. With a thumbs forward grip I can manipulate the on/off buttons with ease using the support hand thumb. Hardest part is putting it on the rail. You need to unscrew the release pretty far before you can press it enough to allow it to engage the firearm. Once it's engaged it's on pretty good without having to retighten if you needed to slap it on and go quick. I still need to adjust the windage for the laser it's aiming way left. Will be a good project for the range this weekend.

It also came with a free gift. A "Samurai Tactical" folding knife.

I always wanted to be a "Samurai" with that knife I will be one step closer.I may have to get one for my night stand gun
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    Got my light today from Botach. Light works well, not hard to use at all. With a thumbs forward grip I can manipulate the on/off buttons with ease using the support hand thumb. Hardest part is putting it on the rail. You need to unscrew the release pretty far before you can press it enough to allow it to engage the firearm. Once it's engaged it's on pretty good without having to retighten if you needed to slap it on and go quick. I still need to adjust the windage for the laser it's aiming way left. Will be a good project for the range this weekend.

It also came with a free gift. A "Samurai Tactical" folding knife.

Any issues so far regarding your unit holding a charge? I found a lot of reviews where people were claiming that theirs were discharging overnight even though the unit was off, and just sitting in on the gun.

Distinguished Member
    Any issues so far regarding your unit holding a charge? I found a lot of reviews where people were claiming that theirs were discharging overnight even though the unit was off, and just sitting in on the gun.
    No issues yet, but I've only had it 2 days. It's just a CR123 battery. Maybe the ones they got were faulty?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links