Looking for a supplemental "battle bag"

This is a discussion on Looking for a supplemental "battle bag" within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK so I have been actively building a Get Me Home Bag (GHB) and a Bug out bag (BOB). I have decided to throw in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a supplemental "battle bag"

Looking for a supplemental "battle bag"

OK so I have been actively building a Get Me Home Bag (GHB) and a Bug out bag (BOB). I have decided to throw in a third bag to my equation. I am looking for a Battle Bag/Active Shooter bag. It will mainly hold spare shotgun rounds, spare pistol mags, and spare AR mags, maybe even a spare fighting handgun. I want this bag to cut down on wait carried in my pack style GHB and BOB. I need something with an over the shoulder style, in case I have one of the packs on I can sling it and go. I have looked at the offering from BlackHawk and 5.11 and Maxpedition. I dont wanna break the bank, as this piece will primarily ride in my truck and/or SUV, and see any real use day to day.

I am a probation officer with a mixed load of adults and juveniles. I am in and out of our local schools all the time. We have no School Resource Officers in any of our schools. I came to the realization during an incident the other day that there is always a slim possibility that I could be the "first responder" during an active shooting or any other critical incident. This is a very slim possibility, but one I have to be in the mindset for. We have 6 high schools, that range from in town two minutes away from a police station, to very rural with a 30-45 minute response time from LE of any kind.

Can anybody recommend a quality value bag of this type?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

This thread might help. Good luck!

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ded&highlight=
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...ail.bok?no=169

I found this, and it soundsl ike a great prduct, but just the price is just a little more than I wanna spend.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Take a close look at the compact range bag from Midway - all of $30.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...mber=939167522

I bought their full-size range bag a month ago, and it's enormous, with lots of pockets, mag pouches, you name it. Very well constructed, and easily worth the $40 I paid. Also, you can get it in khaki, not just black - which makes it easier to spot stuff in the bag in dim light.

The smaller bag has a bunch of pistol mag loops, and two interior pockets which could accommodate your handgun and AR mags. For the latter, I'd use Magpuls so you can easily index which end of the mag is which and not have to look at the mag.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

+1 on the midway bags. My dad bought the full size one and it is a frickin' suitcase! Well built and lots or pockets and what not.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Check out the US Peacekeeper Rapid Deployment Pack. It is compact, affordable ($44.99) and it features an ergonomic shoulder sling pack with quick release front buckle release, two quick access rifle magazine pouches, one quick access pistol magazine pouch (holds 2 magazines), an open side pouch to accommodate plenty of ammo, a radio, a backup knife and a concealed zippered pocket to hold an extra handgun. I think you could load up this rapid deployment pack and keep it easily hidden somewhere safe inside your truck in case that SHTF. I think this is the coolest rapid deployment pack available and it is just perfect for your needs.

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Administrator
    US Peacekeeper Rapid Deployment Pack.

That's very well thought out.

If anyone is still not convinced with the awesomeness of the US Peacekeeper Rapid Deployment Pack, then check this video out:

By the way, you can buy it at Amazon for only $34.00 right now. I already have one of these as my "bail out bag" and I highly recommend it. I have it stuffed with pistol mags, a .38+P revolver, shotgun shells, a backup cellphone, a tactical pocket knife, pepper spray, a Surefire tactical light and a copy of my car keys. I am in the process of purchasing an AR-15 so soon it will be loaded with 4 mags of my tactical carbine. This is the perfect bail out bag.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

sneaky bags all the way

http://www.sneakybags.com/

That Peacekeeper is well though out...and seems to deploy rather well. Its a little bigger than I was looking for but could def be a contender.

How about one of those molle type vest. I think you can get them from the airsoft sites for under $50 bucks.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    That Peacekeeper is well though out...and seems to deploy rather well. Its a little bigger than I was looking for but could def be a contender.
    I picked up a couple of Remington range bags from walmart for 20.00 bucks, They hold 2 pistols in side compartments and enough room for ammo and mags, but if you think the PC is a little to big this would be to I think, It's not as tall but it's twice the size without the outside mag pockets. I've tried a couple of times to paste the link but not having any luck it keeps freezing my screen. The other link has some nice ones also, Good Luck

http://www.wiskurtactical.com/home.php?cat=263
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” -- Thomas Jefferson

The Larue bag looks to be exactly how I would lay one out for my needs, but the 65.00 is more than I wanna spend. May have to troll Ebay or somewhere and see what I can do, or call Larue and see if they will give me an LE discount. I like the Mini Sneaky Bag, but can see how it is organized very well on the site.

I've been looking at the 5.11 Tactical Rush 72 Backpack. There's a Rush 24, FWIW.

Check out also the US Peacekeeper Mini-Range Bag ($25.00 at Amazon). It features a water resistant pistol case with shoulder strap, a large front pocket for ammo and gear, two interior side pockets that hold a handgun on each side and 8 magazine holders (pistol or rifle). Don't let the "Mini" in its name fool you. I use this gun case to go to the range and I can fit 8 pistol mags, 2 full size handguns, 1 j frame revolver, 2 or 3 boxes of ammo, 2 holsters, 2 HKS speed loaders, a backup knife, a flashlight and my eye and ear protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links