EDC Light here is mine

This is a discussion on EDC Light here is mine within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have just gotten into flashlights and wanted some info on what lights others EDC. My is an EagleTac P20C2 Mark II over 300 lumens ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EDC Light here is mine

EDC Light here is mine

I have just gotten into flashlights and wanted some info on what lights others EDC. My is an EagleTac P20C2 Mark II over 300 lumens with strobe.
    IMG_1643.jpgIMG_1647.jpg

2. Remove Ads

I use a SureFire L4 LumaMax...120 lumens for 2 hours.

You have a nice light, great gun, but the clip is not my cup of tea...cover that trigger.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Fenix PD 30
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Blackhawk Gladius Maximus

120 Lumens (but much much brighter than other lights I have that are rated higher)
    Memory Mode, twist lockout cap, strobe and momentary.

I love it, but if I could change it I'd love to see it with cheaper AA batteries instead of the CR123s and it could be a tad smaller for EDC, but with my current mode of dress it works wonderfully. I also prefer the twist cap significantly over the surefire tap through the button methods.

Glock Certified Armorer

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I have two different EDC lights that I tend to rotate. A Streamlight Microstream for something easy to carry in my pants or shirt pocket and a Surefire E1B Backup with more Lumens. I want to buy next a Surefire L2D Defender with a strike bezel with 200 lumens.

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I recently bought a Streamlight PT 2AA 110 lumens I like it a lot. It's really thin and with a clip for my pocket it's hard to beat for about 35 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    I have just gotten into flashlights and wanted some info on what lights others EDC. My is an EagleTac P20C2 Mark II over 300 lumens with strobe. ...

Hey, that's a pretty good choice! I love my P20C2 MkII.

But my EDC light is the Quark 123*2 Tactical. It's a little easier to carry in the pocket than the P20C2 (see pic). Plus, on the Quark you can set it so that it comes on immediately (on the first button press) in your mode of choice. On the ET, you need two presses to access the strobe. But on the Quark, it can come on immediately in strobe (or whatever else you choose).

Full size pic here: http://csgbenefits.org/all-small-lights.jpg

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar

4 sevens lights

I went to shot show last year wanting to find the ideal carry light to sell in our small gun store...Boy did I ever!! 4 Sevens make an awesome light!
    I carry the Quark 123^2 tactical for almost a year now, and it is really better than anything I have carried...I forgot I owned a Surefire...
    I feel for the price, nothing is better.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor View Post
    I went to shot show last year wanting to find the ideal carry light to sell in our small gun store...Boy did I ever!! 4 Sevens make an awesome light!
    I carry the Quark 123^2 tactical for almost a year now, and it is really better than anything I have carried...I forgot I owned a Surefire...
    I feel for the price, nothing is better.
    I am near Flint Michigan where is your store located?

4 Sevens lights are great lights!! That said, I just got for Christmas a Fenix TK15. 337 lumens high with 2 CR123 batteries. Great "lighter-upper".
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Here are my EDC lights

I used to carry a light as part of my CCW, but nowadays I carry a flashlight more for convenience, and power outages than anything else. As such, I like something small enough to have in my pocket all the time (all of those pictured are less than 3in), decently long runtimes (the Quark Mini 123 is listed as 150 hrs on low), and reasonable brightness (3 of those pictured are 180 lumens on hi). The ones pictured above are the ones I've settled on, with the E01 & E05 serving as keychain backups to the other 3 primary EDC' (carried one at a time of course). The Fenix I carry more for CCW, the Quark Mini CR2 when I'm looking for the smallest and brightest (only 2in), and the Quark Mini 123 would be the one I'd prefer for long runtimes (although even the CR2 and P1D will run into the 20+hr mark on low). I have 3 old Surfires that I need to upgrade to led, but I'm so content with these, that I wouldn't carry the Surefires anymore even if I did. The Surefires are now HD lights because they have the momentary on/off push buttons.

Pictured with 6P for scale...
    \"What you\'ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response where you even close to expressing anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. May God have mercy on your soul.\" My adoring wife, at least once a day.

I just realized I live about 8 miles from the 4Sevens main office, I might just have to stop by there tomorrow! That 123*2 R5 looks really nice to have, though I'm not sure I can justify the expenditure for my needs.

Just bought a Fenix PD 30, so far so good 257 lumens!!!
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

I carry either a Fenix p2D or a Maratac AAA light. Mostly the Maratac light

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    EDC flashlight is the Surefire 6P.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links