EDC backpack suggestions.

This is a discussion on EDC backpack suggestions. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a backpack with me day in and day out. I keep everything from spare speed loaders and magazines, to a hunting knife, multi ...

Thread: EDC backpack suggestions.

EDC backpack suggestions.

I carry a backpack with me day in and day out. I keep everything from spare speed loaders and magazines, to a hunting knife, multi tool, rain gear, rope, gloves, warm clothes, etc... It has everything I need in it if I decide on a whim to go hunting after work or leave town. My Kelty Juniper is getting pretty ragged after using it everyday for years. Does anyone have any suggestions on a replacement backpack? I keep a pistol in there while at work as well.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

2. Remove Ads

Maxpedition Gearslinger - I carry my daily stuff in it and have for quite a while. It is tough as nails looks good and I can't seem to wear one out.
    The best preventative medicine is superior fire power.

SwissArmy Wenger - I've carried one daily to work for the past 4 years, in addition to a few national and international trips. Mine is similar to this one http://www.amazon.com/SwissGear-JETT.../dp/B003XZ9UG4

Still in excellent shape. A great value.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Backpack style-Maxpedition Falcon or Pygmy Falcon. They're extremely well made and have lots of places to put things. I have one of each and really like them!
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Quote Originally Posted by surefire7 View Post
    Backpack style-Maxpedition Falcon or Pygmy Falcon. They're extremely well made and have lots of places to put things. I have one of each and really like them!
    I'm loving the falcon 2 and pygmy 2 great looking packs!

I think the pygmy might be too small for my needs though. I think I'm going to order the Falcon 2, thanks for the suggestion!
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Either a Maxpedition single strap Gearslinger or a Maxpedition traditional two strap backpack. I own the Maxpedition Falcon II backpack and it is excellent as a BOB. The Pygmy Falcon II would be a good EDC as it is a bit smaller. They are compatible for hydration bladders and have a place for ccw pistols and spare magazines by use of velcro loop fields to place velcro backed holsters and mag carriers.

High quality, comes in a variety of military and new urban colors and indestructible.

Maxpedition Hard-Use Gear.

Be sure and check out the many YouTube gear reviews on specific Maxpedition Gear items.

RoscoBa is one of many who does excellent and detailed reviews on many their products to include the Falcon II and Pygmy Falcon II as well as some of the Gearslingers.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RoscoeBa#p/u/46/HBI9-CsNnww

http://www.youtube.com/user/RoscoeBa#p/u/45/A-0ctAtI2b0
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Also take a look at the offerings from Camelbak. The hydration option is nice if you're spending a lot of time off the beaten path.

http://www.camelbak.com/en/governmen...ion-packs.aspx
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I bought a Falcon 2 today. After reading and watching reviews I think it's going to be perfect. I have a 100 oz camel back that it will hold plus I can customize it with pouches and sheaths and holsters from maxpeditions website. Thanks guys I think I'm going to be very happy with my chooice.

I can use it for EDC, hunting, camping, hiking, it seems like this one bag should be able to suit all my needs.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CPTMO View Post
    Maxpedition Gearslinger - I carry my daily stuff in it and have for quite a while. It is tough as nails looks good and I can't seem to wear one out.
    This. I carry the Monsoon Gearslinger, and couldn't be happier with it.

Looks like you already found what your looking for. FWIW....I just bought my BIL a sweet one from Cheaperthandirt.com ...molle webbing, hydration etc..... For $65

VIP Member
    This is my EDC Pack... the Maxpedition Malinga. It has lot's of room as well as pockets.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...nger-2p514.htm
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

You won't be disappointed Sir.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Adkjoe, what color did you decide upon? I ended up with a black PFII and a Foliage/tan Falcon. Love them both for work and travel.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Love my Sitka, the Pygmy Falconis also very nice too. Look at the 5.11 Rush series also.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by surefire7 View Post
    Adkjoe, what color did you decide upon? I ended up with a black PFII and a Foliage/tan Falcon. Love them both for work and travel.
    I went with the black Falcon II. Should be here any day now, good thing to because my kelty is on it's last leg.

I'm really liking this one to I might have to order one of these as well

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    This is my EDC Pack... the Maxpedition Malinga. It has lot's of room as well as pockets.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...nger-2p514.htm

Links