My shooting buddys present

This is a discussion on My shooting buddys present within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My shooting buddy surprised me with a late present today,he thought it was such a good idea he got one for himself.I was almost speechless ...

Thread: My shooting buddys present

My shooting buddys present

My shooting buddy surprised me with a late present today,he thought it was such a good idea he got one for himself.I was almost speechless when he handed me a Concealed Handgun Permit Badge with accompanying leather wallet with a plastic window for your license.

Actually this is my actual response,I told him thanks but I don't feel the need to carry a badge since it could cause more problems than necessary
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I hope it was a gag.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

You need to set your shooting buddy down and have a long and hard discussion with him. That is if he meant this as a sincere gift.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    good response, u need to sit him down though. the only reason to carry a badge is if you are required to by your job. Thats why cops, firefighters, EMT's and some security guards carry theirs off duty. Personally, if it wasn't for the fact I could get called for an emergency at one of our sites, I wouldn't have a badge anywhere near me off duty. My badge and ID are in the glovebox of the truck unless I forget to put em in there or I get called to a site. Even when called to a site, sometimes it stays in the truck if i don't have to show it to anyone. Have the talk with him about what constitutes impersonation, even sometimes when there is a valid reason, a DA can still pull off the charge.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Well, the only thing for you do do is reciprocate and buy him the matchin sash!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Well, the only thing for you do do is reciprocate and buy him the matchin sash!
    x2...nothing says cool like a hall monitor sash!
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

It kinda brought back a memory of when I graduated from the USAF Security Police school,after we were presented with our badges,a buncha guys bought badge wallets and started carrying their badges around like Starsky and Hutch,the last time I was flashed that much was in a strip club and it wasn't badges they were flashing.that lasted for a couple days and then people were wishing they hadn't bought the wallets,one good thing is they managed to sell them to the class behind us in training
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links