Shopping for Boots

This is a discussion on Shopping for Boots within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am needing some new duty boots. Looking to get the Danner Ft Lewis 29122. The best price I have been able to find is ...

Thread: Shopping for Boots

Shopping for Boots

I am needing some new duty boots. Looking to get the Danner Ft Lewis 29122. The best price I have been able to find is online at workingperson.com. Has anyone ever dealt with them? Anyone tried the Ft Lewis 29122?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

2. Remove Ads

Have not tried that pair, but have a pair of Danners, love them - new york ironworks, great people

I have Danner Recon...love them. If you have not had a pair of Danners, you are in for a treat. My friend is a dealer so I get them at his cost plus shipping and taxes. I have three pairs, and will not buy another brand. The Ft. Lewis is a little high for me. I like the 8" Recons and their level of insulation. Thats just a matter of personal taste though. Im sure he could probably do you a better price. If you are interested PM me.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have several pairs of Danner and I love them. They are a little spendy but well worth it.

The only problem is that Danner's tend to be a little heavy. I prefer Danners most of the time, but for a boot run or something, stick with my Bates or Bellevilles. Danner's are well made and comfortable though.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I have never owned a pair of Danners, but I recently bought a pair of Belleville 550 ST (U.S. Marines) at Amazon.com for $105.00 with free shipping and they are awesome, light, comfortable and even easy to run with them. I highly recommend them!

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Thanks for all the replys. I have been wearing Danners for a long time. I know Ft Lewis seems pricey but it is rebuildable.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

+1 on the rebuilable....Danner has some USA models and some overseas models, the uSA are hand crafted and rebuildable. Offer still stands if you are interested on checking for better prices. Good luck.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I highly recommend the Altama Boots. I think they are Milspec built. I know I love my pair. They are four years old and still running great. However, they are made in China. Most of our Military stuff is made there anyway.

Stay safe,
    Vv

Links