Tactical pant comparison video review - Page 3

Tactical pant comparison video review

This is a discussion on Tactical pant comparison video review within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SnareMan Yes, that is exactly my problem with it. You can use the main blade (which is already a safety blade with ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tactical pant comparison video review

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SnareMan View Post
    Yes, that is exactly my problem with it. You can use the main blade (which is already a safety blade with the rounded tip) to cut a seatbelt as easy as you can that little flipper part. There is no cutting clothes off with it to expose a wound. I think its a totally poor design and basically a waste of that little flip out part. If it was something closer to a hook I would order one. Looks like a great knife otherwise and I like the color, but that little flipper seems useless. I wrote to them about that months ago, not that they would actually listen to me. I told them what was wrong with their flashlights too, but they didn't do anything about that when they came out with the ones after the initial ones that I reviewed. They are good lights, but the UI needs to be changed to have an isolated high output, not one where you can accidentally cycle into low when you don't want to. I conducted an informal poll of LEOs on CPF and everyone that responded agreed.
    Interesting about the lights. I haven't tried them but have been looking at them, I guess I'll hold off on trying one and stick with my 4Sevens.

The Gerber is nice, but its just too hard to open 1 handed. I talked to Rick Hinderer and he said that BM basically stole the flip out hook design from him. Although I have to say that if they did, they improved on it.
    Good to know, although I can never open those stud knives easily anyway, which is probably why I like the CRKTs with the flipper so much.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    Interesting about the lights. I haven't tried them but have been looking at them, I guess I'll hold off on trying one and stick with my 4Sevens.

Good to know, although I can never open those stud knives easily anyway, which is probably why I like the CRKTs with the flipper so much.
    I've since sold my ATAC L1 and still have the A2 sitting here on my desk although I never really use it. They are good general purpose lights IMO. Well made overall. But its the same reason I sold my Surefire Backup.

I've tried to talk myself into one of the Hinderer flippers like the XM-18, but refuse to pay the secondary market price ($800-900). The retail price of roughly half that is bad enough if you can find one in stock anywhere. I'll get to a review of that Gerber here at some point. I'm going to see Hinderer again in a few weeks so I want to ask him about it in person before I heavily knock it in a review.

Distinguished Member
    Received my Stryke Pants today. I have to say they are the nicest fitting pair of cargo/tac pants I have owned. They are very light, fit like the jean cut pants (non baggy cut), the cargos pockets are fairly stealthy (unless you put something in them) and will easily pass for a pair of regular khakis to a less than critical eye. The price is hard to swallow but after putting them on it makes it a bit easier. I still like my Vertx pants (even better after I had them recently hemmed) but I can see these becoming top dog in my closet.

Received my Stryke Pants today. I have to say they are the nicest fitting pair of cargo/tac pants I have owned. They are very light, fit like the jean cut pants (non baggy cut), the cargos pockets are fairly stealthy (unless you put something in them) and will easily pass for a pair of regular khakis to a less than critical eye. The price is hard to swallow but after putting them on it makes it a bit easier. I still like my Vertx pants (even better after I had them recently hemmed) but I can see these becoming top dog in my closet.
    Yea, all of these pants seem to be getting more and more expensive. At least the quality seems to be increasing with it I suppose.

Great review! Thanks. I am in the market for some new pants. I was just curious if they feel roomy? I don't like tight-ish pants.

I have some Under Armour khakis and they are the best fitting pants ever! They are a great summer weight fabric, but not nearly up to "tactical" standards for durability... more like dress pants.

Administrator
    This is a pretty old thread. You might want to open up a new thread and ask the question if you don't get an answer here.

Quote Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
    Great review! Thanks. I am in the market for some new pants. I was just curious if they feel roomy? I don't like tight-ish pants.

I have some Under Armour khakis and they are the best fitting pants ever! They are a great summer weight fabric, but not nearly up to "tactical" standards for durability... more like dress pants.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member

Which pants are you referring to? The Stryke pants still have room (not tight) but aren't baggy either. I also have a pair of UA khakis and I think the cut is pretty similar. I can compare them later on when I get home.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SnareMan View Post
    Yea, all of these pants seem to be getting more and more expensive. At least the quality seems to be increasing with it I suppose.
    I agree. The fabrics are getting high tech and lots of attention to detail in other areas.

If you still want cheap pants, Wrangler cargos are still $20 at Walmart. ;) And I'm not knocking them, they have their place, I own several pairs.

FYI- LAPG has all 5.11 tactical pants $5 off their MSRP, with free shipping (and return shipping if needed) if your order more than $60 worth of 5.11 gear, buy more than 2 pairs of pants and get an A1 flashlight, spend over over $100 on 5.11 gear and get a hat, over $150 on 5.11 gear and get a Camelbak water bottle.

I have a pair of the Stryke pants. I like that they aren't as baggy as the typical tactical pants. Price is quite high, so I'm hoping these will last.

Good review. I really like tactical pants when I go out and shoot photographs. I hate carrying camera bags and with all the pockets they are a blessing. These days using a photographers vest is like saying I am carrying to the world...when you are really shooting pics.

The first thing it look at is the crotch. I really like the gusset design. Moving up , down in any athletic type movements can really strain the fabric and cause premature wear or even ripping.

Sent via Mental Power

The 5.11 pants are pretty roomy... The cotton canvas seem to have more roominess than the Taclite - but it may be my imagination. I have big legs - upper thighs are 29-30" around, and I for into them just fine in the 38" waist size (slightly larger than my "actual" waist size, but that is what I usually buy for leg clearance).

Distinguished Member
    LAPG has 15% off all pants this weekend if you use the code "pants12"

I noticed something on my Propper tact pants. The zipper quick rip is only when the tag thing is point straight out unlike the other pants where it's upwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inquiring minds want to know: which pants are more comfortable when someone gives you a wedgie?

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    inquiring minds want to know: which pants are more comfortable when someone gives you a wedgie?
    That's a fine question! You should make a video investigating it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links