Great Customer Service from Energizer

This is a discussion on Great Customer Service from Energizer within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carrying this light for 3 years every single day.: When I say I have used it every day, I mean I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Customer Service from Energizer

I have been carrying this light for 3 years every single day.:

When I say I have used it every day, I mean I have USED it every single day. This light has seen some hard use. It has fallen 2 stories onto hard concrete. It has banged off lots of solid objects. It has been used in water, in extreme heat, in cold, in mud and sand. It still looks pretty good, some scratches and the light end has a slight dent in it. But it worked every time I switched it on. Until today.

Today I went to use it in a dark room tracing a cable and the light came on for a split second then went right back off. It does this every time I switch it on now.

I went to try to see if I could fix it, I managed to rip the rubber cover that is on the switch , and after getting the switch out determined it is fine by checking it with a multimeter. So, it seems the regulator circuit has gone bad.

I looked up the customer service number on the Energizer website so I could call them and see if they could locate a store in my are that sells them so I can replace it because let's be honest, it's a $20 flashlight that is 3 years old and has had the snot beat out of it.

When I explained to the nice young lady on the phone what had happened she immediately tells me that she will send a shipping label to me so I can send it back to them. She says their technicians will check it out and see if they can repair it and if not, they will replace it with a brand new one!

Now, this is not what I was expecting at all. I told her it is 3 years old and has had a rough life and I wasn't expecting them to replace or even repair it. but she insisted that Energizer will stand behind their product and that I should send it to them. So I will.

She did tell me where I can get another, and I am thinking I may pick up one for each of the cars while I'm at it.

I wanted to pass this along to everyone because I believe in supporting a company that really knows what customer service is, and I think I have found that in Energizer. And this is a very good every day light. The specs say it puts out 45 lumens but I can tell you from comparing it to my Surefire G2 that it's more than that.

,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I had an energizer light a little longer than that one. I loved that light. Plus it used AAs which was a HUGE plus over the C123s.

It was around $30 if I recall and plenty bright.

I may have to go looking for one of those again.

Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Great CS, plus the concept off a company that has techs to repair products, that is almost unheard of any more.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

You mean you got an actual real live person to talk to! Didn't have to hit all of the numbers on the phone, and then to top it off they are going to fix it! Yeah, I'll be looking at one of these.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    I have the same single AA light too as my EDC and purchased mine from Target. I also have the 2-AA version in one of my cars. Great light. I also agree that the 45 lumens rating is probably under-rated, I would estimate 100 lumens or less. God Bless

Yep. A real, live human being. And a friendly one who spoke English as a first language at that!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I went to the location that the customer service rep told me carries these here in central Indiana, and they had one left. $19.95. I bought it and now I have one that I will use until my trusty old flashlight comes back from Energizer.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have two of these (one for EDC and another in the car) and they are great. There's an ongoing thread for it here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...d.php?t=110843

I must be lucky as my local Target sells them for $15.

Mag Light has the same warranty

My shipping labels and instructions came today. I am sending the light off to Energizer tomorrow. This has really been a very good and unexpected experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Mag Light has the same warranty
    That may be true OldSarge but, I have never seen a Maglight with an tailcap mounted switch that is momentary or on full time. That is one reason I stopped buying Maglights after I went through a course that taught shooting with a hand held flashlight. Twisting the end of the stupid thing to get it to come on and not being able to easily shut it off was not good.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Anytime you find something "good" and "cheap". Buy an extra one rightaway before they get discontinued.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Yep. A real, live human being. And a friendly one who spoke English as a first language at that!
    I dont need another light, but I just might go buy one because of this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I looked for this light at my local Wally World this past weekend and couldn't find it. What a shame, this might have been an ideal edc light for a friend of mine who refuses to pay for a 4sevens or fenix type light.
    Adam

"For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World

Thats a great stroy and will definitely get soem consideration from me when I see one out and want to make an impulse buy. I have been looking at their head lamps in LED at Wal Mart.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I dont need another light, but I just might go buy one because of this.
    My thoughts exactly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links