Only you gun

Only you gun

This is a discussion on Only you gun within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Besides the normal stuff phone, wallet, keys, does anyone just carry your gun without all the other frills? I am not a huge fan of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only you gun

Only you gun

Besides the normal stuff phone, wallet, keys, does anyone just carry your gun without all the other frills?
    I am not a huge fan of stuff in my pockets or clipped to my belt with the exception of the pistol. So I usually just have that.
    I think I can make it though the day without any thing extra. Maybe a mag.

Yup, I seem to be under paranoid, being able to carry unlike four years ago is so great, I don't sport all the other swag.

I won't mock anyone carrying from a BB gun to a nuke, we all are just trying to improve our odds.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

And trying to stay legal, which seems to get more difficult every couple of years.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

I don't carry OC, I don't carry a knife... after dark I bring my streamlight polytac along if I remember it. Other than that, it's just me and the nine. Carrying a weapon is awkward enough without strapping on a full batman utility belt :-P

In addition to standard assortment of guy stuff, i.e. wallet, keys, handkerchief, cell phone, can of tobacco, and EDC, usually a spare mag, always an assisted open folding knife. No lights, no OC or other accoutrements of self defense that some folks choose to carry. Some may see my relatively lightweight PDW's are inadequate...they may call it a "tomAHto" and maybe they call it "tomAYto", whereas down south we call 'em "'Maters". The sharpest weapon I hope to never leave home without is the one that God gave us each and that life and living as the beloved "sheep dog" maintains a sharp edge to it by being constantly alert and aware of surroundings and leads me not into the shadows or dangerous areas...my life and my family are too important to me to expose myself or them to situations that can so easily be avoided by a thinking person.
    Last edited by JoeyD; March 1st, 2011 at 12:22 AM. Reason: typos & spelling -- I know how vicious the spelling/grammar police can be here in the jungle.

Cell phone Wallet keys and Glock 22 40 cal, that is all; I have lights mag pouches etc... but I end up feeling like batman with all that stuff; and 99% of the time go with the gun and the 16 rounds loaded only (I hope I never regret this)

VIP Member
    Carry what makes you feel comfortable. A good compact flashlight is the single most useful thing a person can add to their carry load. I use mine several times a day. Th next is a sharp knife. It doesn't have to be the tactical super-knife. It just needs a sharp blade and be sturdy enough to work with.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Carry what makes you feel comfortable. A good compact flashlight is the single most useful thing a person can add to their carry load. I use mine several times a day. Th next is a sharp knife. It doesn't have to be the tactical super-knife. It just needs a sharp blade and be sturdy enough to work with.
    Sad thing is I have a great little light never take it and a nice little knife I always wish I had it with me after a gun show to cut the zip tie off my gun but still never remember to pick it up on the way out the door...

Senior Moderator
    I almost always carry a spare mag, no matter what gun I am carrying. The weak point in any semi-auto is the magazine, and one of the steps in getting a balky semi-auto back in the fight is replacing the magazine.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

If I'm going to carry my pistol I carry an extra mag. If i don't have my pistol (say if I'm going to a bar - Ohio Law) I might take a knife. But that's really all I carry on a usual basis.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Only A gun? Hell no! Even before I carried I had at least two lights and two knives and other miscellaneous stuff.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

i carry my weapon, on speedstrip or mag, a small county comm AAA light, some chapstick, a money clip and my keys and a skeletool multi tool. As bare bones as I can get
    Attached Images

Besides my pistol and extra mag, I carry cell, leatherman tool and sometimes knife. Lights too, at least in truck.
    Hey all don't forget your leatherman tool. It has bailed me out of tons of problems. Life and death NO! Just one heck of a quick fix for issues at work, home, or at the range. I don't leave home without it.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I carry my EDC handgun IWB or pocket (J Frame), spare mag IWB or speed loader (pocket), folding knife, compact flashlight, car keys, house keys, wallet and cell phone. I try to keep my gear to a minimum.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Administrator
    I keep it simple and realistic. I'm not roaming the Vietnam jungles, I'm usually wandering the streets of suburbia. I'll carry a small auto or revolver (PM9 or 442 usually) with a reload. A small Benchmade folder and when I'm feeling froggy, a Aviator or Executive light. Although, TN Mike has turned me on to that little Energizor flash light, I'm liking that more and more.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links