My new gun safe

My new gun safe

This is a discussion on My new gun safe within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking for a handgun safe to store my two guns. My daughter had gotten me a gift certificate from a local gun store, ...

Thread: My new gun safe

My new gun safe

I was looking for a handgun safe to store my two guns.
    My daughter had gotten me a gift certificate from a local gun store, but they have been out of stock. They usually have a few Stack On and Gun vault models.

The model I planned on getting was a two shelf Stack On. I finally got impatient and started looking elsewhere.

I found this at Gander Mountain's web site:
    Gander Mountain® > Stack-On Strongbox Floor or Shelf Safe with Electronic Lock - Firearms > Gun Storage & Safes > Safes & Accessories :

It's bigger and was on sale for $69.99. They offered free shipping to their store.

I picked it up last night. Two comments, one, the catalog list the dimensions as 11.81 wide X 15 high X 11.81 deep. This is incorrect. The width is 15 and the height is 11.81.
    This made it necessary for me to do a little arranging of furniture in the bedroom, but it works out OK.

Secondly, the catalog says there are mounting holes to mount it to the floor or a shelf. From this I would assume it had holes in the bottom only. I was glad to see it does have mounting holes in the rear also. This allows you to mount it to a wall. Since I am mounting it in the lower level of a bi-level house the wall is paneling over cinder block. This should give me a good solid wall to anchor it to. I am going to pick up some concrete anchors tonight and mount it.

All in all I think it's a good deal for the money. I was mostly looking for a way to prevent accidental access to the handguns when I am not at home. My grandson just turned four and I know he may go exploring at my house some day. I know my wife an daughter would not allow him to go into the bedroom alone, but it only takes one mistake or moment of distraction, so I feel the safe is a good investment.

VIP Member
    Good Deal and a nice looking safe...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links