LaserLyte Warranty & Support Issue Question

This is a discussion on LaserLyte Warranty & Support Issue Question within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone had any exprerence with LaserLyte? I purchased a LaserLyte LT1 in February. The batterys drained to nothing after about 30 shots. According to ...

Thread: LaserLyte Warranty & Support Issue Question

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

Has anyone had any exprerence with LaserLyte?

I purchased a LaserLyte LT1 in February. The batterys drained to nothing after about 30 shots. According to the instructions the unit uses 395 or 399 batteries. I bought six (6) 399 batteries but they would not fit the insert. [they would if I had forced them in but they could not have been removed] So I ordered a pack of 12 from LaserLyte. They fit but again battery life was minimal. I had figured that perhaps the OEM batteries were low or weak. That was not the case.

I returned the unit under warranty with a RMA number on 2/22/2011. When I called today, (03/03/2011) I was told that the part I needed was on backorder and due to arrive the 3rd week of March.

I understand that "things" happen but I think there should be some better options. Am I expecting too much here?

Anyone had similar or more positive experences?

Thanks in advance for your input...
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

from LaserLyte's website FAQs on LT1:
    A: For training mode, the LT-1 uses 3 batteries size 399 or SR927W. For constant on mode, the LT-1 uses 3 batteries size A76 or G13.
    Now, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just sort of interested in the LaserLyte training system... Though I am experiencing a long wait for an aswer to an email question to them... So I thought I'd look up your problem... sorry this is taking so long to fix.. please let us know the outcome.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

You are correct. The problem is, at least with my initial unit which is off for repair, the sensor (that hears the "click" when you pull the trigger) will not accept the mentioned 399 batteries. They will start into the housing but would have to be forced to seat and then there would be no way to remove them. The spares I got
    from Laserlyte DO in fact fit.

When I get this unit back I am going to do a mini review along with some photos. I have some 399 Duracell batterys, SKU 0 4133315909 6. I will measure them with a caliper and measure the Laserlyte battery compartment of the sound activator and report back. There is only a few few thousands difference in the diameter of the Duracell and those supplied by Laserlyte but that is enough to keep the Duracells from fitting.

The other batterys (A76) are for use WITHOUT the sound activator.

What they have done is removed the constant ON or OFF battery holder and added a Sound Activated module which can be inserted where the original battery module (holding the A76 batterys) goes and added a hole in the rear tube so sound can get in from the rear. Basically, they have taken the LBS0006140, machined a hole in the rear tube and added a sound-activated module; The part that holds the 399 batterys.

I'll definately post a review, some photos, and further info as I have it.

Best!
    Diddle
    NRA Life Member

A few years back when changing the batteries I cross threaded the screw. I called Laserlyte hoping to get a replacement screw. Before I had finished explaining the problem they had my address and a complete replacement unit on the way before I got off of the phone. During the entire exchange they acted as if I was doing them a huge favor. They asked that I put the damaged unit in the return envelope that would be with be with my replacement unit. In two days I had a brand new unit along with a pack of new batteries and the prepaid return envelope. By far the very best customer service I have ever received bar none. I have had no other issue with the other four units I have bought since, so can not comment on any new experiences. My guess is the company has been growing and may be experiencing some growing pains. But that is a guess. As I said, my actual experience is that their customer service is 150% well beyond any expectations I had.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

In all fairness to, Laserlyte, my original unit has now been replaced with a new model and seems to work fine. The replacement was received 4/19/2011.
    Diddle
    NRA Life Member

I have had mine for about 3 months now. My only complaint is when I do holster work, it comes loose and slides out of the barrel. More of a minor annoyance really. I am also afraid I am going to cross thread the cap as I replace the plastic "battery blocker" so I have to not be in a hurry when I do that.

Other than that, I have been real happy with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    In all fairness to, Laserlyte, my original unit has now been replaced with a new model and seems to work fine. The replacement was received 4/19/2011.
    A bit longer than my experience but as I said I suspect they are experiencing growing pains as folks are realizing that their relatively inexpensive product ARE NOT cheaply made products, but excellent quality that compares favorably with units cost three even four times as much

Quote Originally Posted by I3ear17 View Post
    I have had mine for about 3 months now. My only complaint is when I do holster work, it comes loose and slides out of the barrel. More of a minor annoyance really. I am also afraid I am going to cross thread the cap as I replace the plastic "battery blocker" so I have to not be in a hurry when I do that.

Other than that, I have been real happy with mine.
    Use a bit of locktite and be sure it is mounted properly and you should not have any problem. After cross threading the one cap I have been very careful when replacing batteries. Take's a little time and extra caution but no problems since the first foul up. Was amazed that LaserLyte replaced it since it really was my screw up. No pun intended

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Great customer service

I too had an issue where my laser was on dimly all the time and did not get brighter when I pulled the trigger. I called customer service (928-649-3201) and had to hit 0 a few times and kept cycling back to the main menu, but once I finally got a person, like one of the other posters before I was done explaining the issue they were asking for my name and address to send a replacement and a postage paid envelope to return the defective one. Additionally, she mentioned they were 377 batteries - not the 395 or 399 batteries that others mentioned. With my new unit she is sending a 12-pack of batteries and said I could keep the 6 batteries that came with my original unit. Overall disapointed that my unit didn't work, but could not be happier with their customer service and willingness to stand behind their proiduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    No company is going to bat a perfect score 100% of the time. It is nice to know when one stands behind their product when it does not stand up as it should. Even personally I can not offer better than that, I do my best and if it falls short I make it right. Really that is about the best we can ask of anyone.

Wish more American Companies would return to that set of ethics.

LaserLyte

Just received mine. I chambered it, and pulled the trigger once. The laser came on, and stayed on. The only way to turn it off is to take the batteries out.

And back to the seller it goes........

Not happy.

Couple of them around here never a problem yet

The other problem is that the laser dot is completely off compared to where the sights are pointing.

Maybe it doesn't like Sigs....

It seems that if I press the "fuse" half way in, the laser goes off, and if I press more it goes on again. Go figure....

Well, they called me already and are sending a new switch. That was fast, and good customer service. I'll give a plus for that.

Sponsored Links