BARSKA biometric gun safe

This is a discussion on BARSKA biometric gun safe within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been spoiled over the last several years and could just take my carry gun out and leave on it on the night stand. Now My ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: BARSKA biometric gun safe

BARSKA biometric gun safe

Been spoiled over the last several years and could just take my carry gun out and leave on it on the night stand.

Now My grand children have come to live with me. I was kinda worried about screwing with trigger locks or locking my gun in a safe every night . I read the reviews for this product on amazon. It sounded to good to be true. But this thing works great. Very quick and easy to open and close. Fits on the night stand. I've got 3 guns in it and 4 at night.

Amazon.com: BARSKA Biometric Safe: Sports & Outdoors
    PT145, CZ52, PM for carry. Lots of others to look at

2. Remove Ads

what if you're taking fire from multiple armed assailants in a surprise attack and your finger gets hit before you can authenticate? then what?

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
    what if you're taking fire from multiple armed assailants in a surprise attack and your finger gets hit before you can authenticate? then what?
    Now I don't have one of these safes mentioned here but I do know that some biometic safes have the capability of recognizing multiple digits. For example your right index finger, left thumb and your wifes finger also.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Originally Posted by n3ss

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    Now I don't have one of these safes mentioned here but I do know that some biometric safes have the capability of recognizing multiple digits. For example your right index finger, left thumb and your wifes finger also.
    This one can store 30 prints! So if my right index finger gets shot off . . . I will be trying to crawl under my floor, to preserve my my thumbs and other fingers so I can open the safe, once the gun fight is over. Since I am an international Man of mystery, I have to take these possibilities into consideration. If I were just a plain old grand dad trying to keep kids from getting a loaded gun, this product would be fantastic! I'll have to return it!
    PT145, CZ52, PM for carry. Lots of others to look at

Quote Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
    what if you're taking fire from multiple armed assailants in a surprise attack
    You are screwed anyways.
    Hopyard and rigel42 like this.

I want one....

I guess I'll have to push the self destruct button with my nose... If I'm goin' I'm takin' all the bad guys with me!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I like that. i wouldn't mind having one of those myself.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Saw a review of this on another forum, the guy said he programmed in several of his fingers, several times each at varying angles. Zero failures to open.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

I was joking but for the price I would hope it had more than a pair of double a batteries for power. Maybe I misread but I don't know that I'd want to put my gun in a case that might need a battery change when I need itmost.... Just somethinng to consider.

They all have keyed back up locks. It may be a pain to get to it under duress, but it does have the capacity to be opened. I think that they are a good idea with little ones around.

I've got one. I even posted a video of it on youtube for anyone who is interested. It works fairly well once you get the hang of it. I tend to use my thumb or index finger to open it. I also have a stackon numeric safe. I prefer the Barska since I can open it quickly even if I'm in a half asleep stupor in the dark.

Only downside is the annoying beeping when it is activated.

My video review: YouTube - Tacticalgearhead.com review of Barska Biometric Safe

Thanks for the video link... a little slow to open... the annoying beep... has some downsides... but in all... not a bad deal.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Thanks for the video link... a little slow to open... the annoying beep... has some downsides... but in all... not a bad deal.

I've got a numeric combination safe as well. In testing, when I timed opening each one, it came out to be about equal in speed and reliability. However, when you consider waking up from a deep sleep at 4:00am, the simpler to use mechanism of the biometric safe really shines. Also, I don't need to worry about the wife forgetting the combination or losing her key when I'm out of town. The key is right on her hand.

I just bought a Stack-on numeric safe. I like it alot. I am amazed at how much stuff they have in the one in the review, and it doesn't appear all that crowded.
    Mine is a two shelf unit that is almost 12 inches high. I wanted somethnig that was tall enough that I did't have to worry about banging the gun on the top or the bottom of the shelf.
    As far as opening it in the dark it's a matter or training. I practice opening mine by feel. Every time you go to open the safe, close your eyes and count over and down the rows of buttons to the first number, then count down to the next number. If you only open the safe this way you will have no problem opening it in the dark.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links