Defensive Carry banner

most impressive flashlights, thats for sure !

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  CopperKnight 
#1 ·
I picked this up from another forum. This gentleman mods these flashlights to the maximum capability possible.
Very interesting reading with plenty of proof pics. The thread is quite long, but an enjoyable read. AND yes they are for sale.... :yup:

http://www.rugerforum.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/005383.html

#3 ·
If you noticed...he's converting D cell mag-lights. So they are not gonna be THAT small but they aren't gonna be those huge 5D cell sized lights either....

#5 ·
sorry...just didn't get the humor part. But I "see" now... :embarassed:
Yeah... he makes some of those so bright, you might get sterile from just walking thru the bath of light ! LOL....

#7 ·
Sweet... get a chance, I'd like to hear/read your report, since you are a consumer of one.
Any cons ?

#8 ·
While EZ and fast to charge with proper RR Battery carrier and quick charger RUN times are NOT ideal, i usually gey 30 min. per charge juan claims 45...and Im sure ideally so! BUT remember almost 2X the output of a Sure500 (20! 123's) and FREE each and every time...hence i deal with it :) Also a Bit heavier than comp. mag of that size. To some a PLUS to other a Minus :).

LD

#9 ·
I've been wanting a mag951 for quite a while. Other lights are on my short list ahead of it though. Juan sells them on THR as well. I've read nothing but good about him.......except one thread on CPF that accused him of ripping off ideas from other modders. Which is quite rediculous because he gives credit to everyone that gave him ideas or helped. Yeah, you can do this yourself but, the quality probably won't be as good. He is experienced at it and knows what he's doing.

clipse

#10 ·
Those are bright. But at up to $320, they will all be limited editions. Pricey for a torch, no matter how bright.

#11 ·
ccw9mm said:
Those are bright. But at up to $320, they will all be limited editions. Pricey for a torch, no matter how bright.

Its all realive. Besides after you add up everything you get its actually not THAT bad. Granted, I've never spent that much on a light but I'm getting close. I keep justifying more and more money on light. Its amazing the quality you can get if you just spend a few dimes.

clipse

#12 ·
Loandr. said:
While EZ and fast to charge with proper RR Battery carrier and quick charger RUN times are NOT ideal, i usually gey 30 min. per charge juan claims 45...and Im sure ideally so! BUT remember almost 2X the output of a Sure500 (20! 123's) and FREE each and every time...hence i deal with it :) Also a Bit heavier than comp. mag of that size. To some a PLUS to other a Minus :).

LD
Hi Loandr,
Thank you for your support.
I am getting 45 minutes with the Sanyo HR3U 2500 mah batteries, perhaps your run time of 30 minutes is achieved with the old Titaniun 2400?

After about 20 charges-discharges on the batteries the Sanyos are doing 50 minutes (gaining more capacity)
Of course when I do a run time my protocol is 10 minutes on 10 minutes off, just about like using a regular flashlight.

Hi ARTZ,
Thank you for providing the link, I just joined yesterday and I am looking forward to make many new friends here.

Hi ALL,
I am the guy that makes these lights, if you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

Best regards
black bear

#17 ·
THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME GUYS, I FEEL ALREADY AT HOME HERE

IN OTHERS NEWS

YES, it have been a name change, my light is called now the BOREALIS.

MAG Instruments (the owners of Maglite) has asked me to remove the name MAG from my light add.
It seems that it is a registerd trademark.

I am compliying with their request and calling my light BOREALIS.

Thank you
black bear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.