Looking for a flashlight - Page 2

Looking for a flashlight

This is a discussion on Looking for a flashlight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a Brinkmann - uses 2 lithium batteries small light for $19 and some change at Walmart. Looks to me to be as bright ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a flashlight

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I bought a Brinkmann - uses 2 lithium batteries small light for $19 and some change at Walmart. Looks to me to be as bright as my Scorpion that cost twice as much.
    For God, Family and Country!

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    It's starting to look like there are just WAY too many options for good flashlights under $20. I really didn't know so many of them existed.

oh yea there are..... again... using flashlight review as a guide to what you need or want.... which cuts out the guess work, especially when you order on-line. Great info......... :)

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Ive got a 2 watt Workforce LED from Lowes....22.00 It is a great toolbox light, and has handled all kinds of abuse so far without breaking.
    Fear No Evil.

tec
    A real estate appraiser friend of mine bought me one of these, I didn't think I would like it at first, but after using it for about a month or two, I have come to like it a lot. It is a Pentagon Defense Product flashlight. He uses his multiple times a day.

I run a handyman business and use flashlights everyday. For the last two months I have been working at fire reconstruction job's in two locations, residential and commercial, and use the light heavily at both places. The food processing center is a two story building where we had to run new plumbing in the roof trusses, so we are up on scaffolding and ladders a lot, and the light has been dropped a few times and keeps on running with no problem. It's been dropped in mud and had solder dropped on it and it keeps going. I even used it as a hammer and a wedge under a fiberglass tub and surround, still working and looks good yet.

Mine is the zytel model that lists for 24.95. I just ordered two spare bulbs for it last week and just got them in. It does have the tail cap and twist on feature which is nice. ( I ordered the bulbs because the light stopped working -suddenly-. So I figured it was the bulb. Well I put the new bulb in and it still didn't work, so I installed some old batteries and it works just fine, I think I had a bad cell.)

This light seems brighter then my old Pelican model that put out 80 lumen's also.

It has a fairly sturdy wire clip hanger to attach it to your belt or pocket.

It has the "anti-roll" bezel to keep it from rolling away on you.

It's size, for my hands, is just right.

http://www.pentagondefense.com/flashlights-topfla.html

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    I decided to go with a Dorcy AAA keychain light and an LED adapter for my 2xAA maglight. I read the reveiws for the Brinkman Maxfire LX and it looks like a good light. I might look into this one more once I get a handgun.

By the way, the LED bulbs for the smaller maglights are awesome. I'd like to have a 4xD LED maglight for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links