Tactical Rail Light Options for $100?

This is a discussion on Tactical Rail Light Options for $100? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; TACTICAL RAIL LIGHTS: Who uses these on their guns (home or carry...just a general ownership question here). What do you recommend for a quality LED ...

Thread: Tactical Rail Light Options for $100?

TACTICAL RAIL LIGHTS:

Who uses these on their guns (home or carry...just a general ownership question here).

What do you recommend for a quality LED light for around $100 that fits a standard MIL STD M-1913 (Picatinny) rail? I'm looking to buy one to keep my Beretta PX4 company.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

The Glock light retails for $89.95 locally here.

I don't have a rail on any of my guns, so I can't speak of experience. There are good points for them. I just feel better with a regular handheld light than a weapon mounted one. I could see if I was pointing my firearm at everyone I meet (LE, SWAT, etc) but for casual CCW, not really.

I am going to get a Glock light for my AR15.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

The light for the Springfield XD is about $100 . XML maybe? I forget the name

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Its not an LED, but I have the Glock light, just under $100 with tax. I really like mine, its very bright, and it does not use up batteries like most flashlights do. Anyway, its something to look into.
    Curry

The Streamlight TLR-1 works well, so says a lady I work with who has it. They'd be under $100 if you could find a dealer to get you one.

Streamlight TLR-1 hands down. Does nightstand duty on my 1911. Can be found for ~$100. Lifetime warranty. Secure attachment. Exceedingly and surprisingly bright with very good throw for an LED. Google Optics Planet.com - good folks to deal with. SL will supposedly have some additional switching option a la SF DG switch available this fall, but I'm not holding my breath. Much smaller than the Glock light with many more holster options.

If you want to drop upwards of $200, get an SF X200; otherwise the TLR-1 is the way to go.
    If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough!

LED?

Well this is what I bought... but I chose the TLR-2

Here is a good price on both of them.... best I found. Free shipping now and 20 free batteries. Couldn't really beat it anywhere else.

http://www.botac.com/sttrtali.html

Not endorsing this company as its the only time I have ever done business with them but passing along a sale is all.

I'm also looking into a light for my Glock (the only pistol I own with rails).

From those of you with lights, I don't want to assume anything, but have you fired the weapon with the light on it?

The reason I ask is that I met a guy at the range and he had a Sig P226, as did I. The only exception was his had rails. I inquired and he said he had a light for it and that he loved it. I asked why he didn't have it mounted on the gun now, and he said, "Oh, I don't fire the weapon with it mounted; I want it fresh if I ever need it."

So, if you've fired your weapon with the light mounted and turned on, what was your experience given the # of rounds fired?

Has anyone had problems, bulb breakage, light comes loose, etc?

Lead Moderator
    M3 streamlight seems to work well and stay on my HK USP just fine. Be sure to clean the lens once in a while to keep powder from building up.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Sponsored Links