Does anyone else carry a flash light 24/7? - Page 2

Does anyone else carry a flash light 24/7?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else carry a flash light 24/7? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes, I carry a small double AA light similar to a maglight but with a endpush on/off switch. Very handy....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yes, I carry a small double AA light similar to a maglight but with a endpush on/off switch. Very handy.

Streamlight Strion here, have it\'s recharger hard mounted and wired into my cars electrical system so I can recharge it as I drive around. Clips right behind my center console so it\'s within easy reach.

I also keep a Streamlight Scorpion in there too for emergencies.

VIP Member
    Forgot to add: I keep a Streamlight Stylus in my bag, too - very handy for checking bores at gun shows.

New Member Array Brian Williams's Avatar
    I carry an Inova X1
    it is a single AA powered LED light made out of aluminium and has a very bright spot. Not great to fill a room or area but does ok for pocket carry.

A Surefire E2E 7/24

Also keep a G2 Nitrolon in the car, a Z2 on my duty belt and a Streamlight Scorpion by my bed. Also a Streamlight key-mate or Batonlite when I go out at night. :D

Surefire E2e 24x7

Glad to see I\'m not the only one. ;)

depends on the day. My inova5 is always with me and sometimes a g2 or a p6, just in case.

E2 or M2.

Originally posted by Darkmind
    Nope, unlike most people, I take the extra 30 to 60 seconds out of my time to properly adjust my eyes for darkness.

But unlike most people i work 3rd shift in the dark for my whole shift, so once my eyes are adjusted the last thing i want to do is turn on a flashlight and mess up my night vision. Though i do keep a 4 cell mag light in my truck just in case.
    I\'m half vampire as well. I take my cheap surefire G2 everywhere. A lot can happen in those 30 to 60 seconds it takes for eyes to adjust.

I mainly got it because my 6 D cell maglight was too bulky for general use. I still use it (batteries last longer - it also doubles as a great club) but it never leaves the car.

Dmag, nice tip about the washer. Mine used to come on in my pocket a lot, not to mention setting the flashlight down somewhere and forgetting its on. I made an aluminum washer to go between the tube and cap, talk about a PITA. Not to mention the aluminum ruins the uber-tactical black finish, lol.

No Light here..

I am not saying there is not a purpose, just that I do not carry a flashlight. At home, I have floodlights that can be switched on.. My biggest concern (personally) is home defense.

Heck, I dont even have one in my car and that I probably should have without question!

Pat

Originally posted by dmag
    if you are carring a sure fire you can take the end off and put on a washer from a water hose and this will keep it from getting turned on in your pocket
    Do you have to take it out to make the light work?

i do i do!! I carry the L4 5watt luxeon SureFire. I find it much more useful then the E2e because it emits a very nice flood light as oppose to the more spot type light the E2e puts out.

E2e is a great light neverthless. I carried that light around for about two years before i got the L4

Originally posted by mark123
    Originally posted by dmag
    if you are carring a sure fire you can take the end off and put on a washer from a water hose and this will keep it from getting turned on in your pocket
    Do you have to take it out to make the light work?
    I dont, however I dont know how thick the washer for a waterhose is. You should still be able to use the button on the back of the endcap, mine still works, however constant-on isnt an option.

You never know when you\'ll need a flashlight

I was recently at SeaWorld in Orlando and my daughter tripped and fell in the Wild Arctic area. It was very dark and she was afraid. Well super daddy whipped out his E2E and turned the dark into daylight. Happy child. Never leave home without it.;)

DC Founder
    Well, Santa (actually my wife) got me the Surefire E2E for Christmas as expected. As I was sitting at our counter in the kitchen tonight I was playing with it while talking and shined it right in my eyes for a fraction of a second. It took about 15 minutes for my eyes to get straightened up and now I have a headache. That is a lot of light in such a small package. Now I need to get me a case of batteries ;)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links