Does anyone else carry a flash light 24/7?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else carry a flash light 24/7? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have a Surefire e2e with me and another surefire in my vehicle,can't remember which one it is, but it's the inexpensive one....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else carry a flash light 24/7?

Have a Surefire e2e with me and another surefire in my vehicle,can't remember which one it is, but it's the inexpensive one.

2. Remove Ads

I came into afew extra bucks, so I was thinking of geting a E2D for when I work unarmed security. I was disapointed to find out that it can only use up to 60 lumens.
    You would think Surefire can make a 200 lumen lamp, or at least a 120 lumen lamp for it. Isnt it "The Executive Defender" after all?

Oh well, surplus cash isnt a bad thing, I guess... Although when I was surfing around I did find a neat little flashlight called the Streamlight BatonLite.

Now that lill toy would be nice for working unarmed security!
    "No sir Mr.Security guard inspector (or whetever they are called?) that isnt a Kuboton... its a flash light!"
    Streamlight BatonLite
    Last edited by gregarat; July 27th, 2005 at 07:41 PM.

1952 - 2006
    SureFire 6P at all times
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Use to carry a Surefire 6P, but I recently upgraded to a Nighthawk Gladius on my belt.

I have a red led Micro Phonton light on my keychain.

In my survival kit I have an Inova.
    Last edited by TwoRavens; July 30th, 2005 at 04:27 PM.
    /***********
    Phill
    ************/

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"
    William of Ockham (ca. 1285-1349)

Most of the time it's an ARC LSH-P w/ twisty, and a Photon.

Quote Originally Posted by gregarat
    Are you kidding?! I would be lost withought my Surefire.
    Yes , the Surefires, etc. are nice looking and built the same but don't put the Brinkmann down so much. The little Brinkmann MaxLX is rated as high or higher in lumen and candle power output as most of the Surefires and others ! It uses an Xenon bulb, 2 CR123 lithium batteries, a computer designed reflector and heat sink, a rubber shock covered aluminum body with a momentary/or full on end cap switch. Yes again, I picked it up at a Walmart but for $20 , It is well well worth the price at 5 times that!! If you want, (but there is no need) you can modify it with the P60/61 lamps. No , I don't work for Walmart OR Brinkmann but when something comes along that competes this well with the Big Boys, I can use the extra $100/$200 . Just because something costs a lot does not necessarily make it worth the difference.
    Attached Images
    diplomacy ... the art of saying "nice doggie"..while looking for a big rock !!

I don't know fellas unless you have the possibility of clearing a dwelling often such as LEO's I don't see the need for 24/7 carry of a flash light for civilians. Your everyday flash light for the car or home should suffice. However, I did purchase a mini mag from walmart while I was getting my oil changed. I had the brinkman in hadnd but $20 nope. I still have the mini mag in the car we used them quite extensively when I was in the service. Like was posted earlier for us a light can be a bullet magnet, so are you going to have the time to make a good draw for your weapon and whip out or trusty light. I doubt it.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

I cheese out with a AAA keychain light. But I also work the night shift so I am almost never out in the dark. Any where in the Embassy grounds I go during work is well lit.
    Managerial Nightmare
    A proud supplier of ex-managers to mental health clinics.

Re: Does anyone else carry a flash light 24/7?

I personally always carry a light. However it depends on what I am doing which determines which one. Generally it will be either a Surefire 6-P or and INova LED.

I agree though I constantly find uses for it everyday.

Be Safe

Bryan S. Williams
    Williams Associates Protective Services, LLC

Main Website - www.wa-protective.com
    New Book - www.wttrw.com

Assistant Administrator
    Hmmm - overlooked this thread! E1e all day and every day - small yes but - for me ideal.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I usually try to carry my Inova X5 or Surefire G2 and I always have a Photon II hanging around my neck on a bead chain.
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

Streamlight TL2 LED 2nd gen. Sweetest light I've owned. :) Its on me 24/7 along with my Streamlight Keymate and Photon Microlite II.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I'm a little late posting, but I just got a Surefire C3 Centurion. Since I work evenings and ride home at night, I intend to carry it with me everyday.

I work in a building with no outside windows and when we loose power the place is like a cave. I became more popular than normal the first time we had an electricial outage. Now there are Surefires, MagLites, and just plain old everday C and D cell flashlights in almost everyone's desk. I am now working on getting folks to carry them with them, especially when they travel on business. I was in a motel one time when the power went off. I was returning from a hunting trip and had everything from flahslights to Coleman 2 mantel lanterns with me. We lit up the lobby while waiting for the power to be restored.

The small powerful flashlights can be an idea equalizer in a self defense situation as well as using it to find your way.

I once had a knife fighter challange this opinion so we turned off all the lights to let our eyes adjust to the dark. There were windows and he could see me clearly even in the dark. I had my light hand in my hand and he had a training blade. I closed one eye to protect my own night vision and when he called GO I stepped back and quick flashed him right in the eyes. He reacted like he had been hit with mace! I just laughed and moved around as he flailed and slashed the air trying to find me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links