Good find today

Good find today

This is a discussion on Good find today within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dropped by my local pawn shop/LGS today to do some window shopping. Looked at a few guns, and liked a few. Strolled over by the ...

Thread: Good find today

Good find today

Dropped by my local pawn shop/LGS today to do some window shopping. Looked at a few guns, and liked a few. Strolled over by the magazine cabinet and found 3 of the short 9 round XD40sc mags (whici I've been looking for everywhere for months and couldn't find). They're Springfield Armory and they've never been used. I got all 3 of them for $10 each. I also picked up 3 HKS model 36 speed loaders (5 shot snub) new in the packages for $5 each.

Not a bad find at all. I'm talking to them about trading my Taurus PT709 for a PT740. I shot one the other day and loved it. If they give me a reasonable deal, I'm trading. My 709 has been flawless...I just prefer the .40 round and this gun handles the round great.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Hey Bug, I think your doing more running around now than before! Good find, the last mags I bought for my SA XD40 SC cost me about $25 apiece, so you did well!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Administrator
    Good find for sure on the mags. I'm not so sure I'd trade the 709 for a 740 though.

Wisdom from Mr. Rogers;
    You got to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.
    know when to walk away and know when to run.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Good find for sure on the mags. I'm not so sure I'd trade the 709 for a 740 though.

Wisdom from Mr. Rogers;
    You got to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.
    know when to walk away and know when to run.
    Have you seen any issues with the 740? I've not found any issues with them posted anywhere. I shot my buddy's 740 and it had the same recoil as my 709 and I much prefer the .40 round. I'd be interested in knowing what you've seen or heard about them. My 709 has been flawless, so I have a little reservation about trading a gun I know is tried and true. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Hey Bug, I think your doing more running around now than before! Good find, the last mags I bought for my SA XD40 SC cost me about $25 apiece, so you did well!
    Going to the gun shop was part of my therapy (LOL). That's what I told me wife anyway. That and I had to drive right by there on my way home.

I've been looking for one of the short mags for months and couldn't even find them anywhere. The last one I bought was about $30 with tax. I had 2 short mags and the extended mag, but with my shoulder rig I carried a short mag in the gun and then it was awkward to have one short and one long in the double mag holder on the rig. Now, I can carry a short mag in the gun, 2 in the mag carrier of the shoulder rig...and 2 on the belt if I felt the need (that's 46 rounds of .40). If it is just the gun IWB with 2 on the belt, that's 28 rounds. For HD, I like having numerous mags loaded on the dresser at night. This should keep me covered from all aspects.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    My 709 has been flawless, so I have a little reservation about trading a gun I know is tried and true. What do you think?
    I PM'd you. This quoted portion above is the theme of my PM. I think that is a very wise reservation to have, especially with Taurus.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I think you're right. I know what I have with well over 1500 rounds through it with no issues. It would cost me a lot of money in ammo to run that many 40 rounds through another one to have the same confidence level with it. There's nothing wrong with a well placed 9mm shot.

Links