Gun Belts - Page 3

Gun Belts

This is a discussion on Gun Belts within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIGguy229 Check out Nate's belts at UBG Holsters Just bought my dad a belt (and holster) for his birthday.... I wish you ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Gun Belts

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Check out Nate's belts at UBG Holsters Just bought my dad a belt (and holster) for his birthday....
    I wish you were my kid! I drool over Nate's site at least once a week!

Sponsor
    Our leather gun belts are made for us by The Beltman. Leather Gun Belts | Durable Leather Holster Belts

Excellent belts!

http://www.topgunsupply.com - Factory Authorized SIG Sauer Parts Distributor, Magazines, Holsters, Night Sights, Firearms

Didn't think I'd like a web belt but this one changed my mind and was only 23 bucks- Last Chance Heavy Duty - 38mm Gunmetal | Bison Designs
    I noticed a guy shooting competition with one and asked about it.

I know the lady that owns A Better Belt USA. I had her make me a 1 1/2" dual layer bull hide belt because I didn't like the 1 3/4" belt I had (511). I wasn't worried about the quality because I had seen their work first hand. When she gave me the belt, she asked me to abuse it, and give her a report on how well it holds up. Well, I abused it alright. I completely soaked it with sweat while digging up my backyard. I stood under the sprinkler with it on. I rolled it, stepped on it, bent it, twisted it, and pulled on it. After two weeks of serious abuse, the belt still looks new. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her belts. I believe she's running an introductory special right now.
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

cj
    I've got a last chance as well (as well as a number of other brands) and it's a good deal, but if you ever find yourself wanting to carry something heavier on it, I've found that my Wilderness belts (basically the same design) have more stiffness to them and would work well for the heavier loads.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Still loving my A&G belt after about 5 months so far.

1 1/2 inch belts, custom gun belts by A & G Custom Gun Leather

My Don Hume belt is very good, my A&G is excellent!
    Last edited by Brady; July 26th, 2011 at 12:08 AM. Reason: added statement
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Don Hume B109L, nice and thick, and around $40 shipped. Awesome belt, strong and sturdy. I got black and brown. And it looks better than the pic shows.

b109L - Don Hume Lined Trouser Holster Belt - Concealment Holsters & Gear - Red Diamond Uniform & Police Supply, Inc. - Detail

Quote Originally Posted by kaboomkaboom View Post
    Hows about under 30$ with free shipping? I know, I know...some will poo-poo it just on principal, but I got one as a gift, and it is better than my $100+ gun belt...Amish Belts - Black

I carry a full size steel Gov't model in a crossbreed and an extra magazine on this belt everyday all day...it is a tough, strong, simple belt that works great for CCW...
    +1 for the Amish belts and for $28.99 it's a steal.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Ike View Post
    wilderness instructors belt.

edit: like paul34 said. it is cheaper to buy a quality belt the first time, than several cheap ones that you will be disappointed with later.
    +1 on the wilderness belt. Its as stiff as any (I use the 5 stitch) and more comfortable, IMHO.

AG Gunleather. Excellent product.

I've been wearing a Galco for over two years, and considering my carry gun is a full size 1911 and two mags, its been a dream.

The only thing I can never understand is that why all belt makers continue to put these bright nickel plated buckles on them.
    It feels as if you have a "shoot me here" sign right at your gut level. I powder coated mine matte black. Now why can't the manufacturer's use black metal or some dark non-reflective material. Or at least offer them as an option.
    "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
    Samuel Colt did"

cmb
    Ok I buy the inexpensive belts... at Walmart no less... come what may from those who call me cheap, i am cost effective! I buy the dickies reversible belts, they are about 3/8 thick and pretty stiff and 1 1/4 wide, I have been wearing one for 1 year and half... one thing I do is try to reverse ti to balance out the little curve they get, i wear the brown side most of the time so if I go untucked I will swap it to the black...

LAst week I was in WW again and passed by belts and now faded glory makes a work belt, it is a little wider, and a stiff nylon with leather in the middle and leather around the holes on both sides... it is not reversible but i picked up a brown one to give it a try, I will see how it lasts...

so far I have invested 18$ in the last 3 years on belts I use for carry... not too bad
    "The greatest pride is to think you are humnble enough." CS Lewis

"Woe to those who call evil, good and good, evil." Isaiah 5.20

"Sin is a disguised form of insanity." Al Mohler

Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post

LAst week I was in WW again and passed by belts and now faded glory makes a work belt, it is a little wider, and a stiff nylon with leather in the middle and leather around the holes on both sides... it is not reversible but i picked up a brown one to give it a try, I will see how it lasts...
    I saw this exact belt and I was curious about it as well. let us know how it handles! That belt was plenty stiff but who knows how it stands up after use.

A search will bring up more.
    New "Gun Belt" for $20
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links