Looking for a nice thick heavy grip for Glock 31

This is a discussion on Looking for a nice thick heavy grip for Glock 31 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've carried my 21 for years, and had a Hogue grip on it. (Did I mention I have REALLY big hands?) Recently the department switched ...

I've carried my 21 for years, and had a Hogue grip on it. (Did I mention I have REALLY big hands?)

Recently the department switched to the .357 Glock 31, which feels like a toy in my hand. I need a way to make the grip bigger. MUCH bigger. Both wider and longer. Would love to make it the same size as the 21, or even a shade bigger than that. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hmm... how disappointing. No replies?

GM
    It looks like you are alone on this one . Better luck next time
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Administrator
    Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm The problem with GLOCK polymer that not a whole lot of other materials adhere to it with the absolute permanence that you would need to really increase the thickness as much as you want it.

One possible answer (though certainly not a cheap solution) would be to go with a high quality aftermarket Stainless Glock frame CLICK HERE - carefully mask that off & sandblast the grip area - and build up the grip area with fiberglass resin gel.
    The stuff adheres like crazy.

You mix the gel with the hardener and then just start adding it on. Rough shape it before it fully sets up to cut down on sanding.

That would be absolutely permanent and an extremely tough/durable modification.

Plus I think you can add a fatter rear grip strap as an accessory option.

Then you could make it as thick as you want....sand it, shape it....add more gel if necessary & then have the frame Duracoated after you finally get it to a perfect to your hand. It bonds easily & permanently to itself so you can keep adding and taking away material until you get a flawless fit to your hand.

As a plus...you'll still have the original frame and can put that back on if you ever decide to sell the gun.

That's the only thing I can think off.

This would probably NOT work on your polymer Glock frame.

Administrator
    If you wanted to try altering your original Glock frame....you could try slowly building it up with Carbon Fiber cloth strips & Epoxy resin....but, you'll need to be super surgical because it's a real messy process and you would really need to go slow & take your time because there sure are places you would not want to get that Epoxy dripping into.

OR what about the fiberglass rolls of cast material? The stuff that they use to put that fiberglass cast on a broken arm?
    If you cut that into smaller strips...that might wouk...then sand it and seal it after you get it the way you want it.
    Your family Doctor could probably get you a roll or two of that stuff.

Just something to think about. I'm just tossing ideas against the wall to see if anything sticks.

Links