Dress Gun Belt: Recommendations Sought - Page 3

Dress Gun Belt: Recommendations Sought

This is a discussion on Dress Gun Belt: Recommendations Sought within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i bought the galco SB3 in black and brown. great belts. i wear them with my dress pants, suits, etc. the thing is - i ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dress Gun Belt: Recommendations Sought

i bought the galco SB3 in black and brown. great belts. i wear them with my dress pants, suits, etc. the thing is - i rarely, if ever, will carry IWB + tuck in my shirt. i will just have the Taurus PT380 in the pocket whenever i have to tuck in my shirt. the finish looks brand new after daily use, leather is not cracking, but the belt is a little less stiff as it was brand new.

most of the time when carrying IWB or OWB, it is with my shirt untucked, and am using the 5.11 leather belt with permastiff insert. they are great belts too. the finish has held up and looks brand new still. this belt has kept its stiffness.

the worst belt has been my don hume. the finish has deteriorated quickly, and it is pretty flimsy now. it would be better if the finish would hold up, and if the belt had an insert.

I'm sorry but I just can't help myself....

Cross Breed 1 1/2 inch with a gold and silver NRA buckle is the only suit belt I ever wear...with a sideguard holster and SP101 and that is for CHURCH. Just telling the truth and still it makes me giggle abit.... waiting for it. Yep, still waiting for it.........
    "Improvise, adapt, overcome."

I have purchased 2 belts from the Beltman, and both are the nicest I have ever seen. The second one I bought was made from Elephant hide and I consider this one for my dress. Many people ask about it. Yes, the price is an issue for some but, you buy an expensive firearm, and then you put good money into your holster, why not a good belt? I always thought a belt is a belt. But when you get a "Really Good Belt" you'll see and feel the difference. You'll not go wrong with a belt from the Beltman!!

i have one of his horsehide belts and its nice, but i really really want one of those elephant belts. they are absolutely gorgeous.

VIP Member
    My Elephant Beltman (1-1/2 Brown) arrives this week and if I like it, I'll order another in 1-1/4 Black for dress pants. I seldom tuck my shirts in these days so I guess I have to start. Maybe it will force me to shed those love handles.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I have an 1-1/2" belt from High Noon holsters. It's called the Rock Steady belt.

I went with a chrome buckle, and it works with all my pants, including slacks.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

A 1 1/2" belt is by far the most popular, but if the belt is made right 1 1/4" or even 1" can be a very effective tool. I recommend the 1" to be more than just leather.A Better Belt USA Home Makes a three layer belt (leather-kydex-leather) that is both beautiful and functional. Their prices are not prohibitive either.
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

VIP Member
    ** Follow-up:

I wanted a dress belt so I purchased a Beltman Elephant belt and it looks fantastic! However, I'm disappointed with the sizing. Even though I ordered 2-inches longer than my current Ken Null belts, its actually 1-inch shorter! The measurement is correct according to the end of the buckle to the center hole although the total end-to-end length is shorter. The difference is the length of material from the first hole to the end of the tail. It’s simply shorter overall. I should point out that I only intended to use this belt for dress and its still shorter than expected.

The upside is the built quality is really outstanding although my son will inherit this particular belt much sooner than I anticipated. Please know that I still love the look of the Elephant skin, and I will order another one in a different color. Word to the wise is to add 1-inch beyond the Beltman’s measurement scale, under all conditions. It may sound crazy but in my case of a 33-inch waist, I actually need a 38-inch sized belt and again, that's without a holster.

BTW: Stick to the web ordering and if you want any special features, then call. Otherwise, it gets confusing and you'll never receive an order number or invoice.
    Last edited by Saber; November 17th, 2011 at 07:02 AM.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I've shopped extensively on the internet for dress gun belts, and to judge by the pictures the Galco SB3 is the only one that to me has an appearance that is fully acceptable as a "dress" belt. I've worn mine almost daily with khakis and polo shirts for two years now and it still looks great. I also find that I LIKE the support (even when not carrying a gun) that a 1-1/2 inch belt provides.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

VIP Member
    I have a Galco tapered and curved and it's the thickest belt I have ever purchased. In fact, I find it a bit too thick for optimal comfort. Still, it too was cut shorter than expected, as they didn't compensate for the loss in length due to the dramatic curvature. It’s old, and today it wouldn’t fit regardless as I no longer have that 30-inch waist. The best fitting belts I have are those from Ken Null. They are built very well and I opted for the pure solid silver one-piece buckles. They include indestructible snaps vs. screws but the buckle design can easily scar the leather when fastening. Also, they only come in cordovan and no exotics are offered.
    ~ Stephen King

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links