Holster fit for G26

Holster fit for G26

This is a discussion on Holster fit for G26 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got a Don Hume JIT slide for just about every gun we have. I like these holsters. Inexpensive, light, small, comfortable carry, and easy ...

Holster fit for G26

I've got a Don Hume JIT slide for just about every gun we have. I like these holsters. Inexpensive, light, small, comfortable carry, and easy to conceal with, however, there seems to be a problem with the one for my Glock(s). Unless there is a slightly different model for a G19 vs G26, this one is not working for both. The G19 works fine in the holster. Draws without any problems. The G26 on the other hand is a pain to draw from this holster. It seems the front edge (closest to the muzzle) of the ejection port really grabs/drags coming out of the holster, causing it to tilt/cant the gun making it harder to draw.

Needless to say, no way I'm going to carry this gun in this holster.

I have a Galco M5X paddle holster for the G26 also. Fits nice, good retention, draws nice, doesn't sit too far out from your body so to make it hard to conceal, BUT.. the paddle starts to wear on you after a while, pinching and such. Not something the most comfortable to wear for extended periods.

I don't want to spend $50+ for a holster for this gun since it's not normally my primary carry gun, but would like to carry it from time to time. Hate to spend much on a holster in the first place just to "try" it, then be stuck with it, if it doesn't work out for me.

I'm considering a Galco M7X: CopsPlus.com: Galco Holsters M7X Matrix Belt Slide Holster

or a Galco Tac Slide: CopsPlus.com: Galco Holsters Tac Slide Belt Holster

Any suggestions?

Edit: BTW I don't like IWB holsters. Belt holsters only.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I'd give Comp-Tac a try. You can pick up new ones for ~$60. There's also plenty of used one Ebay and other forums as well.

I've also had good luck with Sidearmor, Bladetech, and Raven as well....all OWB. The Raven has a longgggg wait and is a bit more pricey than the others.

+1 For Comp-Tac. Excellent company, excellent products.
    Anybody can get scared, but you must absolutely not let that affect your behavior. Cowardice kills. -Jeff Cooper

Grandfather oak holsters

Go to grandfatheroak.com and look at constant companion or the newer belt holster. Most reasonable cost for a very well though out holster with excellent construction. Go their first and it will be the place you stay.
    Good luck

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi59 View Post
    Go to grandfatheroak.com and look at constant companion or the newer belt holster. Most reasonable cost for a very well though out holster with excellent construction. Go their first and it will be the place you stay.
    Good luck
    I have a cheap fobus belt holster for my g19 and I know a 26 fits as well. It's kydex and cost $20

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

VIP Member
    I have an M7X for my G26. I was truly surprised at the quality, fit and retention. The M7X holds the gun tightly against your body. The belt straps are nice and snug on the belt and help hold the holster in place. It's a great quick on holster, for a quick trip to the store, etc... Overall, it's a good holster for what it is and what it's isn't...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Links