Good pepper spray for edc - Page 2

Good pepper spray for edc

This is a discussion on Good pepper spray for edc within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The ASP Defender series is small and has been said it is multi-purpose and can be used as a kubotan. The tiny one's that are ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Good pepper spray for edc

Cool

The ASP Defender series is small and has been said it is multi-purpose and can be used as a kubotan. The tiny one's that are sold everywhere do not hold enough product and are underpowered as far as propellent. The flip-top .68 oz models with pocket clip from Mace, First Defense and others are small and I personally prefer the Mark III 2oz size though I use all three at different times. As has also been noted this is a tool that is used to allow you to get out of the situation or gain an edge for followup techniques but this is not a magic potion end all to a defensive situation.

photo.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Get.............Spitfire............my wife's friend almost cleared out hotel in NY state with an accidental squirt......my wife carries it also and she told me as she was there, that this stuff really works.
    We all have it on our key chains now.

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    The best and toughest pepper sprays on the market are made by Sabre and Fox Labs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This. I use the Sabre Red Gel. Works even on breezy days. And it has red dye in it to identify the pond scum as they writhe on the ground.

NYPD uses Sabre Red

Distinguished Member
    I'm a fan of the Sabre 3-in-1 Sprays. My wife and I both carry them, and there is a larger unit in my car. It is a combination of OC and CS tear gas. The third ingredient is a UV dye, but that doesn't matter during an attack.

The reason I live the combination sprays is that certain individuals will be resistant to OC, and some with be resistant to CS, but the odds of being resistant to both are very low.

Take any advantage you can get

Take any advantage you can get
    Absolutely. That's the whole philosophy right there in a nutshell.

Up here in north Florida, for example, we have a whole category of dirtbag I like to call, "beach scum." These are usually wiry, sun-blasted drifter-types, with names like Scooter, Skeeter, Skipper, and Scrambler. They're usually blind drunk and roll up on you aggressively, with a pitch like, "Hey m----f----r, gimme 5 f----n dollars, man," you know.

So usually you give them the shove-off and they go away, but sometimes they get nasty about it, and what are you going to do? You aren't afraid for your life, and you don't want to damage the person, so this is where having a mace option really shines - these iffy situations where things could escalate and you'd rather deter that eventuality.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Check out spitfire.us

i have went to a few of these websites and there about a billion different types, so how "big" should you get, how many oz. i saw several that i liked

Cool

I like the OC/CS combination.

photo.jpg
    .68 oz. and 2oz.

Look at the photo on my post for a size comparison then decide what size you want. Lots of good info posted already to help you make a decision.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    For the keychain, the ASP Street Defender is the way to go.
    Some people here say that they have taken full shots to the face and felt no effect at all. They just laugh and proceed. I think anyone saying that is a bald-faced liar. This is basically aerosolized habenero juice. It hurts just to get that on your fingers. In the mucus membranes, it's going to be deck.
    Believe it or not this is true. When I got my OC cert as part of a force protection course in the navy, my partner for the spray course was one of these. His eyes watered a bit and he wanted to scratch them but other than that was unaffected...until he put his face in the bucket of water. Then he was in more pain than most. Seemed like about 4 or 5 of the guys in the 35 person class were affected about like that, although he was affected the least of any of them.

TL;DR Be careful as there's no guarantee it'll stop your assailant.
    A dozen means twelve, learn to count bakers! - Stephen Colbert

Colt 1991A1 and S&W M&P 45 Compact

I have and carry Fox Labs in Stream style. Works for me....
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    I have and carry Fox Labs in Stream style. Works for me....
    +1 Two ounce is the size I prefer, no flip top or whatever.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Fox Friggin' Labs. Was sprayed with this stuff in the academy. That stuff is no joke.

Fox Labs Mean Green Keychain I've bought from this site before and had no problems.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

I carry Fox labs on my belt in a comptac carrier
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Get.............Spitfire............my wife's friend almost cleared out hotel in NY state with an accidental squirt......my wife carries it also and she told me as she was there, that this stuff really works.
    We all have it on our key chains now.
    Any other input for Spitfire? looked at their website and I like the keychain design alot, concerned b/c it doesn't seem to hold alot of OC spray ?

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Any other input for Spitfire? looked at their website and I like the keychain design alot, concerned b/c it doesn't seem to hold alot of OC spray ?
    Just like you can't have to much ammo in a firefight you can't have to much spray. I like 2 oz as a minimum but as my previous post shows the .68 oz or the ASP Street Defender is the smallest I would go. If it is less than that I for my own use feel it is not enough product or propellent. My $.02.
    photo.jpg

ASP/.68 oz/ 2 oz
    Guantes likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links