Fat guys and belts

Fat guys and belts

This is a discussion on Fat guys and belts within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to cabelas a few weekends ago, lookin at guns, ammo, blades and everything else. i picked up up a few items and one of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fat guys and belts

Fat guys and belts

Went to cabelas a few weekends ago, lookin at guns, ammo, blades and everything else. i picked up up a few items and one of them was a pair of suspenders. all i can say is WOW!!!! i'm a typical fat guy with a belly pushin my pants down and no butt to hold em up, you big boys know what i'm talkin about, anyways, i carry owb (another fat boy thing) so i always have a cover garment on and you can't tell i'm wearing the suspenders and they do a great job keepin my pants up, now all my belt does is hold my gun/ammo/blade against my body and i'm not pullin and yankin my pants up all day and they were only $14, just something to think about for you fellers out there
    Last edited by paullie; May 19th, 2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: cause mes kan't spells

VIP Member
    Belt AND suspenders, the sure sign of a careful man.
    :)
    danfive555 likes this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

I bought a set of suspenders. Unfortunately, with the shirts I wear, looks like I have big, saggy nipples. I decided against wearing them lest I get a lot of weird stares

Have been considering them more every day. Know "exactly" what you mean too.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Belt AND suspenders, the sure sign of a careful man.
    :)
    lol! A diplomat amongst us!!

To the OP: sure sounds like the way to go.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

My tuxedo and one or two pair of suit pants don't have belt loops, so suspenders are the only way to go at times. They are so much better than belts since they hold your pants up rather than just tie them on.

Hey guys,

Being a "wide body" myself, try these guys. Perry Suspenders.

They hook under the lip of your belt. No clips to slip off and ping you in the head with!

I'm going to buy the "Outback" model next. It connects to the sides of your belt, right where your gear is.
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

sgb

Walmart carries Dickies suspenders for $8 & change, I'm a believer.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Suspenders aren't just for fat guys. I like to carry a full size 357 Magnum revolver on my excursions to the back country and a pair of Perry Suspenders is perfect for distributing the weight from the waist to the upper body. For me it has the effect of reducing the hip fatigue that happens to me sometimes on long walks carrying a heavy gun. You don't have to be fat to appreciate good suspenders.

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post

Walmart carries Dickies suspenders for $8 & change, I'm a believer.
    Those look like the Perry's I bought at Wally World. The website has this and other designs.
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    You can't go wrong with Perry's!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

They help when you have a lower back problem (even without being big). They take the weight off and allows for belt carry without much back pain. Even with a full size 1911, 2 reloads and a light plus a g36 in your front pocket.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Those Dickie suspenders ARE Perry Suspenders. If you look at the leather "connector" you'll see it says "Dickies by Perry Suspenders".
    I own several pairs of Perry Suspenders, you can't beat them. Being over 50, I now have the same problem of my belly pushing my pants down. Add a 2 lb. gun and it's tough to wear a gun comfortably. Got a pair of the Outback suspenders from Perry and they eliminate a lot of the weight on the belt.

Heck, give them a try. The most you lose is $20 bucks!

I have never thought about suspenders, but I have to admit that it sounds like one good idea. I guess I'm on my way to Wally World tomorrow.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

For daily life, I never have to tuck in my shirt. Therefore, I wear my suspenders UNDER my shirt. Go to Jo-Ann's or the fabric section of Wal-Mart and get a pack of no sew dungaree buttons for every pair of pants/shorts you want to wear suspenders with. Get yourself button suspenders and then install your buttons on the inside of your waistband in the appropriate places. This especially works well for shorts and a t-shirt and you don't look like a dork.....well not any more like a dork than you do already :) I still wear a belt for my Crossbreed Supertuck but I don't have to keep it super tight or anything. This will also work if you go the Perry suspenders route as well.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links