Wanting to approach my BOB/GHB differently

This is a discussion on Wanting to approach my BOB/GHB differently within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently use a 3 day backpack with a modulare system of pouches inside it. I am now leaning towards a tactical bag like a ...

Thread: Wanting to approach my BOB/GHB differently

Wanting to approach my BOB/GHB differently

I currently use a 3 day backpack with a modulare system of pouches inside it. I am now leaning towards a tactical bag like a Maxpedition MPB, 5.11 Sidetrip, Emdom TNT etc. and make it modular.

lookign for anybody who has had one of these style bags or these particular bags. Also any suggestions on where to purchase one for less than MSRP would be appreciated.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

Just a thought for you, but that style of bag is going to get in the way a bit more. The nice thing about a backpack, is it leaves your hands free. A bag with just one strap you throw over your shoulder will feel heavier with the same weight load, since it puts all the weight on one part of your body (one shoulder vs. two), and tends to move around more when you need to move quickly, and requires more adjustment. I once had to do a patrol with a bag like that, and it took a lot of adjustments to get it to sit somewhere comfortable. Too low and your legs knock into it while you walk or run, too high and it feels like the strap is trying to choke you.

I would stick with the daypack, but that is just me.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Very good point Buckeye....I am considering that to some extent. Not 100% about the switch. I do have a Maxpedition Sitka that I could put my personal BOB essentials which is a shoulder pack, just a sling style. I guess this bag would be an "overflow" bag with things that will ride in my vehicle and not be "have to" items.

And part of it is me wanting some new gear too....LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links