New range bag - Maxpedition Mongo Versipack

This is a discussion on New range bag - Maxpedition Mongo Versipack within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As much as I like my Midway bag it is just too big for my typical range trips with one gun and a few boxes ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fastk9dad

Thread: New range bag - Maxpedition Mongo Versipack

Distinguished Member

New range bag - Maxpedition Mongo Versipack

As much as I like my Midway bag it is just too big for my typical range trips with one gun and a few boxes of ammo. So the search was on for a smaller bag to use and I found it in the Maxpedition Mongo Versipack. it's probably 1/3 the size of the Midway bag and it's designed to sit flat against the body while carrying it. It has molle attachment points, plenty of pockets and velcro inside to attach a variety of accessories for customization. I ordred it with a strap holster and magazine pouches to start. I have it set for one pistol and 4 magazines, but should be able to fit 2/8 easy with some rearranging.

Anyway here are some photos for your viewing pleasure.

The bag with trauma kit strapped to the side. Also plenty of velcro on the outside for moral patches or flags as I have.

Comparison with the Midway bag. It's a bad perspective but I could fit this bag inside the Midway.:

Pistol compartment. With a repositioning of the holster you should be able to fit two in here.

Magazines. There are 4 in here, the other 2 are floating since I only have one holder for now. The pocket in front has a staple gun and a box of staples.

Large main compartment. Eyes, ears and small targets in the pocket. What you don't see is the 2 boxes of ammo underneath. I should easily be able to fit 6-8 boxes.

Not pictured is the screw driver and tools in the top compartment and a rag in one of the exterior pockets as well. The only thing I wasn't able to fit in this was my mini cleaning kit, but since I like to clean my guns at home I'll just get a ziplock and throw some oil and bore snakes in there for a quick field cleaning if needed.

It's very comfortable to carry and I don't have to walk around like a hunch back and through doors sideways any more. I think it would also make a great BOB as well.
    Bark'n likes this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Nice Bag good idea. I am a hunch type Myself.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Maxpedition makes good stuff. I have an old Fatboy Versipack for trekking around. It's very handy and tough. They only offered three colors back when I got mine. Considering a Jumbo for a BOB. Enjoy your new bag, it's quality.

FATBOY VERSIPACK Tactical Nylon Gear Concealed Carry Shoulder Sling Bag - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

a bit off topic but I am looking for that EXACT type of red molle trauma pouch! Where did you get it? I'd love one for my patrol bag.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Slightly off topic but where did you purchase that red MOLLE Trauma pouch? I'm looking for one exactly like it for my patrol bag.

Thanks!
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Excellent review and you have a nice working set up there. As a medic, I especially like your color coded externally mounted trauma kit! A+

(can you specify which bag you are using as your trauma kit and what are the contents?)

I'm really digging Maxpedition gear and have probably close to a dozen or so of their products. However, you don't have to throw the Midway Range Bag totally under the bus. The Midway bag does comes in different sizes if you are looking for a smaller one.

But in all seriousness, that's a great write-up.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFL SQUAD View Post
    Slightly off topic but where did you purchase that red MOLLE Trauma pouch? I'm looking for one exactly like it for my patrol bag.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Excellent review and you have a nice working set up there. As a medic, I especially like your color coded externally mounted trauma kit! A+

(can you specify which bag you are using as your trauma kit and what are the contents?)
    I actually bought my bag on Amazon but they don't seem to have the exact same one any more. But this is the bag, although it looks like they don't have any red ones for sale.
    Voodoo Tactical MOLLE Compatible EMT/First Aid Pouch

Mine came preloaded with some stuff, which I added/subtracted. I'll list the contents when I get home.

I'm really digging Maxpedition gear and have probably close to a dozen or so of their products. However, you don't have to throw the Midway Range Bag totally under the bus. The Midway bag does comes in different sizes if you are looking for a smaller one.

But in all seriousness, that's a great write-up.
    Thanks for the compliments, I'm really liking this bag, it's well made and has a lot of options. I can see me getting more stuff. I didn't mean to throw the Midway bag under the bus, it's really a great bag, just a little too big for "everyday" use. It's not going anywhere, it come in handy when I want to take multiple guns and lots and lots of ammo.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Nice bag but very pricey. I think Ill stick with my hunch bag.

Administrator
    I just upsized my B.O.B. to the MAXPEDITION Vulture II
    $25.00 less than MSRP on Ebay & Free Shipping.
    The quality is very good.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...ack-12p114.htm

Links