Mounting Reflex Sight on M&P 15-22

This is a discussion on Mounting Reflex Sight on M&P 15-22 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up a S&W M&P 15-22 rifle over the weekend for my daughter (that's my story and I'm sticking to it ). Sweet little rig ...

Thread: Mounting Reflex Sight on M&P 15-22

Picked up a S&W M&P 15-22 rifle over the weekend for my daughter (that's my story and I'm sticking to it ). Sweet little rig to "play" with.

Also got a SightMark Ultra Shot Reflex Sight to trick it out a little and that's where the questions start.

1) Should I remove the rear/front/both iron sights before I install the reflex sight or just leave them in place?

2) Are there any guidelines regarding where along the rail the reflex sight should be positioned?

Sorry if these are dumb questions but I've never had one of these new fangled thing-a-jigs.

You should be able to leave the irons on, without it being too much of an issue. Unless the mount for the reflex sight is really low.

Just play with the mounting position until you have a spot that gives you good eye relief and a clear field of vision, but generally with a sight like that eye relief isn't as big of a deal as it is with a magnified optic.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Sponsored Links