Great shorts!!

This is a discussion on Great shorts!! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; LAPOLICEGEAR has great tactical shorts for summer: regularly $39.95 for just $ 19.99! I ordered 2 pair this A.M. and have never been disappointed in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great shorts!!

Great shorts!!

LAPOLICEGEAR has great tactical shorts for summer: regularly $39.95 for just $ 19.99! I ordered 2 pair this A.M. and have never been disappointed in their products. Try 'em; you'll like 'em!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

cj
    Keep me posted when you get them in hand. I was eyeing them recently (although despite their claim that they're 'normally' a certain price, I doubt you'll ever find that any were sold at it)...I've got a lot of their pants, but they're of pretty variable quality (missing velcro that was never sewn on, buttons poorly put on, etc.), so I'm curious how these work out.

I've bought a few items from them, and I wasn't very impressed with any of it.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

link?

Is it their brand shorts? If so, be aware that they run small. The site mentions this on some, but not others. It's about 2 sizes in my opinion. I've had bad luck with their plastic zippers also.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

I want tactical underwear and tactical socks to match... not to mention tactical flip flops.

Wow... they have the flip flops. http://www.511tactical.com/All-Produ...lip-Flops.html

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I want tactical underwear and tactical socks to match... not to mention tactical flip flops.

Wow... they have the flip flops. 5.11 Tactical Flip Flops
    LOLz and the idiot who gave a its only and bad review. They look like the $2 old navy pair.
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

What use is an unloaded gun? --Tony Soprano

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

I have three pairs of 5.11 canvas pants and three shorts and they are ALL good quality. I don't know how my stuff can be so high quality and others apparently have had bad luck with theirs?! I also have three rip-stop tactical pants and they are also quite nice. All I can say is
    I guess I have been very fortunate with my purchases!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Do they make tactical knee pads to wear so when you are wearing your tactical shorts and are on the ground doing tactical stuff your knees dont get scraped?
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I need a tactical beer holder.

They do have versions for knee pads in long pants, but shorts....?

Old navy cargo shorts. 12 bucks. Best bang for your buck

The problem with some cheaper shorts is the sizes often stop at 42 and some of us (!) are one or two sizes over that! I can always get my size at LaPoliceGear.com and don't have to worry about fit. I'd rather pay a few bucks more and get what I want than save a few bucks on something which doesn't fit my needs/wants. To each his/her own, I guess.

I wore 5.11 gear through 20 months in Iraq as do hundreds of other civilian contractors (5.11 pants are easy to spot). I did have one snap come off a pair of pants on the first washing, I called 5.11 told them about it and that I was in Iraq, they sent another pair and told me not to bother sending my pair back.

I do find some inconsistencies, like the mag pocket on the left leg and on the nylon pants the knife slit pocket on the right leg differ in depth, on one pair the knife pocket is so shallow I can't put my Spydreco Endura in it. Over all quality is above average and I am still wearing it over 2 years later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links